No announcement yet.

Project

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Go for it. Especially if you can get it for nothing. Plant your tatties, then, after harvesting them, bung it full of chickens, and they'll do the digging and weed removal - and they'll love it!
    All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
    Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

If you want a project, and you'll enjoy it, why not? It sounds a great challenge. As for having to give up in a few years - you'll be leaving behind something wonderful for someone else to enjoy. I think that's a great legacy. I will have to give mine up when we eventually move and I'd like to think that the person coming after will enjoy walking into a plot that can be worked straight off.
      http://mudandgluts.com - growing fruit and veg in suburbia

Comment

Go for it. Alright you will give it up in 3 years but 3 years is a bit away.
        sigpic

Comment

You've got a 'decking' area (for sunbathing I assume ) and potatoes - what is the down side?!

Comment

Originally posted by sparrow100 View Post
            you'll be leaving behind something wonderful for someone else to enjoy. I think that's a great legacy.
            That's what I thought when I left mine behind but got a bit of a shock a year later when I revisited the site. I think they had taken up growing weeds.
            sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
            --------------------------------------------------------------------
            Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
            -------------------------------------------------------------------
            Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
            -----------------------------------------------------------
            KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Originally posted by vixylix View Post
              You've got a 'decking' area (for sunbathing I assume ) and potatoes - what is the down side?!
              Oh yes...........one HUGE decking area!
              My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
              to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

I've just had another look at the plot in question tonight. Its triangular, and in total area is about the same as my two old plots! I reckon it will get the sun all day long. The only down side is its an end plot surrounded by woodland on North side which could be prone to trespassing/vandalism?
                My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

I would find some nice prickly brambles and plant them along the woodland edge. Nice crop of fruit in summer, impenetrable barrier the rest of the time. What's not to like! You just need to be firm with them when they start growing inwards.
                  My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
                  Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

I think you have your mind made up Snadge and are looking for us to change it for you...

So..Go.For.It
                    I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
                    sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X