Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hole in boundary hedge, how do I repair?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Personally, I'd let the committee handle the problem. Is your site council or privately owned?

Comment

Stick a couple of pyracanthas in front of the hole. That should deter them cutting wholes in the hedge.

It acts like growing razor wire.

Comment

Yes it does look a lot neater, and it did need a good trim on top. They have a garden fence, and the hedge is on the allotment side yes. It is one long hedge that runs the entire length of the allotment, which is why I think it is part of the allotment (but might just be the old boundary).
        It is one hedge though, rather than two (well it was). I'm just a bit upset, as that's the bit I'd planned as a private chill out bit of the allotment, and now I look like a peeping tom whenever I'm in that bit, as it looks right into their garden. I just can't understand why someone would purposely remove their own privacy and security.

Originally posted by Jungle Jane View Post
        It looks like the garden has a fence & the hedge is on the allotment side but I can't see clearly in the photo? Someone has given the two hedges a good tidy up,they look neat now,whereas before they're messy,maybe they just always prune/hedge trimmer it? I'd plant lots of something where the gap is for an easy life,if it was the allotments hedge I wouldn't want to ask the homeowners anything that could lead to a disagreement or make them feel uncomfortable.

Comment

Council owned, so I could contact them and see what they suggest. I want to talk to one of the committee first though, but there's never anyone around when I go down.
          Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
          Personally, I'd let the committee handle the problem. Is your site council or privately owned?

Comment

Originally posted by purplekat View Post
            Yes it does look a lot neater, and it did need a good trim on top. They have a garden fence, and the hedge is on the allotment side yes. It is one long hedge that runs the entire length of the allotment, which is why I think it is part of the allotment (but might just be the old boundary).
            It is one hedge though, rather than two (well it was). I'm just a bit upset, as that's the bit I'd planned as a private chill out bit of the allotment, and now I look like a peeping tom whenever I'm in that bit, as it looks right into their garden. I just can't understand why someone would purposely remove their own privacy and security.

What do you know about them? Could they have got someone in to clear the garden who wasn't looking at the problem of privacy and security and also didn't want to handle the garden waste?

Maybe you could write a note for a committee member to call you to discuss the problem.

Comment

Perhaps they just like the view across the allotments from their windows.
              Do you have a shed? Stick it in front of the gap....
              Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
              Endless wonder.

Comment

Have you noticed any prunings they've thrown over onto your side,although if they're trimming that hedge,that isn't theirs,they can give the prunings back? I was thinking you can get 6 foot bamboo screening for privacy?

Comment

Originally posted by purplekat View Post
                  I'm just a bit upset, as that's the bit I'd planned as a private chill out bit of the allotment, and now I look like a peeping tom whenever I'm in that bit, as it looks right into their garden.
                  If you've never seen anyone in the garden, why worry about it?

Comment

Just stand in the gap and stare at the house from time to time!

That should encourage them to put something in the gap and solve your problem.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X