No announcement yet.

Excitement mounting

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good on you Jonny. I have been putting off going back to the allotment the last few weeks, because it's just turned into a bog (as I was warned it would), but I'm desperate to get my cold frames built and start warming a bit of soil up. I'm sure the mild winter has probably let the weeds go wild too. My shed needs a good tidy up too, actually. Oh no, now I think about it there's tons I need to do. I might just have to go down tomorrow.

Comment

After the winds a couple of weeks ago and my friends greenhouse was destroyed I decided to build him a new one with recycled materials I don't think it's looking too bad so far .
      When you have a hammer in your hand everything around you starts looking like a nail.

Comment

that looks good,double glazed as well,gives a buzz what can be done recycling what other chuck away,

we done this a few years ago,and still going strong,the only purchase was screws and fuel for transport,is 10 x 18 ft
        Attached Files
        sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

That's amazing one I'm building will have a sloping perspex roof as not got enough materials for a pitched one
          When you have a hammer in your hand everything around you starts looking like a nail.

Comment

MR.LD visited the window companies around,in the end 1 place used to ring him up and say when suitable stuff was in,even used perspex for the roof plus jointing with some,go on the scrounge and say what you want them for,
            sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

I may just do that lottie dolly! There's a window & doors company in Alnwick here so it cannot hurt to ask. In fact, I think a couple of their guys come into our shop in the morning for their newspaper and ciggies so I'll try to catch them and ask then
              If I'm not on the Grapevine I can usually be found here!....https://www.thecomfreypatch.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by 21up View Post
                Hi VIXYIIX
                WHERES your lottie based i am in carverley
                Just the garden for me unfortunately

I never knew Pudsey was so popular!!

Comment

Good luck, dear Jonny. Lets hope it's a good season.

After last year, washed out in August, I'll certainly be starting early this time.
                  Pain is still pain, suffering is still suffering, regardless of whoever, or whatever, is the victim.
                  Everything is worthy of kindness.

http://thegentlebrethren.wordpress.com

Comment

I can't stop thinking about why VC had to correct the Title of thread. Maybe it's just my potty brain
                    What do you get if you divide the circumference of a pumpkin by its diameter?
                    Pumpkin pi.

Comment

Originally posted by skeggijon View Post
                      I can't stop thinking about why VC had to correct the Title of thread. Maybe it's just my potty brain
                      It said "Exitment" which sounded a bit final

Comment

^^much better than what I was thinking
                        What do you get if you divide the circumference of a pumpkin by its diameter?
                        Pumpkin pi.

Comment

Originally posted by vixylix View Post
                          Just the garden for me unfortunately

I never knew Pudsey was so popular!!
                          Hi VIXYIIX
                          I hope you have joined PUDSEY allotment association for £3 real place and friendly people
                          good prices opposite the park top gates if ya not sure i will send you web addy Peter

Comment

Ark at you lot all loved up over your spaces and seeds.

Do I sound as jealous as I feel as I look out at the semi constructed swamp that laughingly calls itself my back garden.

Even me rhubarb looks like it has been savaged by a triffid.

The bits you are all doing look brilliant.........oh sigh with envy again.
                            I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

Originally posted by 21up View Post
                              Hi VIXYIIX
                              I hope you have joined PUDSEY allotment association for £3 real place and friendly people
                              good prices opposite the park top gates if ya not sure i will send you web addy Peter
                              ooh I'll have a look - thanks Peter

Comment

Originally posted by Lumpy View Post
                                Ark at you lot all loved up over your spaces and seeds.

Do I sound as jealous as I feel as I look out at the semi constructed swamp that laughingly calls itself my back garden.

Even me rhubarb looks like it has been savaged by a triffid.

The bits you are all doing look brilliant.........oh sigh with envy again.
                                You will get there lumpy you have done ok before my lotties wet through but all will be well for both of us in the end all the best

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X