No announcement yet.

Neglected Plots

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

10% untended can make some of the other 90% get a bit slack too. And then you have to pull everyone up.

I don't think leaving some people to 'waste their plots' is fair on those on the waiting list. I also think rules should be applied as fairly and evenly as possible.

Allotments are for growing food to feed a plot holder's family. Not exercise or fresh air alone. If people just want to dig then get them doing old people's gardens that need a good dig over.

Comment

Ideally all plots would be worked and look perfect, but I certainly don't think that new people should stick their necks out to get the untidy ones cleared.

Allotments can be very unpleasant places if you make yourself unpopular, especially if you've only just started.

Comment

Originally posted by Thelma Sanders View Post
        Ideally all plots would be worked and look perfect, but I certainly don't think that new people should stick their necks out to get the untidy ones cleared.

Allotments can be very unpleasant places if you make yourself unpopular, especially if you've only just started.
        Totally agreed, especially as one persons idea of perfect is totally different to another's. I have read on here of people complaining of crops going to seed, on that basis they probably wouldn't like my seed saving beds, other people hate wildlife areas, I find mine is invaluable in attracting beneficial insects and animals which limit my pest problems. There are many other examples

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
          Whats a hoe?
          Funny you should ask that! I heard THREE being used last friday!! talk about hoe...hoe...hoe..:
          Girls are like flowers, a little attention every day and they`ll blossom.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X