Spring onions - secret to success?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I sow mine in modules..

Fill modules 2/3 full with decent compost, water compost.
    Liberally sprinkle seeds in each cell and cover with compost, lightly water again.
    Wait for germination and some decent growth..
    Push each cell out and plant the cell out without splitting so you have a clump of spring onions growing together.

Always works for me
    I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
    sigpic

Comment

I have mixed results, some years are good and some bad, though it's mostly bad. I need to take better notes to see what I do different but I'm normally in the greenhouse armed with tons of seed packets and just scribbling a quick note of what I sowed and where in my little book - covering it in soggy, dirty fingerprints . I should go into more detail (i.e. how many seeds, how deep etc)

I've had a look on youtube and found this video. He plants a lot of seeds 1cm in deep in small modules - which I vaguely remember Pigletwillie said to do years ago. I'll give it a go this year. *off to search for PW's posts on spring onions *
      Grapevine Facebook Group

My Blog

Comment

Well I've just popped down to the greenhouse and 9/10 modules sown 25th September have popped up
        Grapevine Facebook Group

My Blog

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X