Raspberry roots!!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raspberry roots!!

Been on my plot for two years now. One problem I have is the raspberry roots spreading and coming up in vegetable beds 2-3 yards away. Is it possible to kill just these straying roots? Or do I need to dig up the whole raspberry area?

Raspberries are invasive. You will always have the problem if you grow raspberries. They often pop up in my Green house border. I just dig them out as soon as they show theirheads.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
      Raspberries are invasive. You will always have the problem if you grow raspberries. They often pop up in my Green house border. I just dig them out as soon as they show theirheads.
      Thanks for the reply. The Rasps were there when I took over the plot, I don't particularly like them prefer strawberries. Looks like my best plan would be to dig them out and plant something else, a wee job for later in the year,

Comment

They took over half my garden a couple of years ago. I've had to be ruthless and get rid of lots of raspberry canes. Luckily, they're quite shallow rooted so its not too difficult to dig them out.

Comment

Yes, definitely a job for later in the year. Its worth leaving them in now so that you get a crop - I wouldn't be without raspberry jam

Comment

Mmmmmmmm raspberry jam.......

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Originally posted by JMCKG View Post
              Thanks for the reply. The Rasps were there when I took over the plot, I don't particularly like them prefer strawberries. Looks like my best plan would be to dig them out and plant something else, a wee job for later in the year,
              You can always offer those you dig up to someone else
              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

I have read of and therefore tried to put root membrane in place around the raspberry bed to contain the roots. Too early to say if it will work or not. I'm anticipating that they will escape through the one and only join but time will tell!!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X