Let the planning begin (Newbie)

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
    Matthew I'd suggest going down to a Lidl or Aldi both sell seeds from around 30 pence a packet.
    There just happens to be a new Aldi local to me, Thank you for the tip.

- Matthew

Comment

Photos of the plot before started this weekend,managed to clear half so far and neaten up the trees along with the trees getting a hair cut.

So very tired today.

- Matthew

Attached Files

Comment

The possibilities are endless - well done you!
        As far as seed catalogues are concerned order anything and everything on line, then mooch round the cheapy supermarkets (the cats give you info that the seed packets on sale there don't), circle bits and pieces, maybe for next year and then at the end of the season spend a happy weekend looking at all the end of season sales at all the seed surpliers.
        I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

Originally posted by Lumpy View Post
          The possibilities are endless - well done you!
          As far as seed catalogues are concerned order anything and everything on line, then mooch round the cheapy supermarkets (the cats give you info that the seed packets on sale there don't), circle bits and pieces, maybe for next year and then at the end of the season spend a happy weekend looking at all the end of season sales at all the seed surpliers.
          Thank you Lumpy

Was very rewarding, And within an hour of being on site another plot holder had given me a dozen main crop spuds. and by the end of the weekend we had some lovely fresh rhubarb.

Decided to keep a blackberry and gooseberry bush at the front for the time being as looked in good order, also some raspberry shoots towards the back.

Thank you again for the advice, all this is being put into a little book.

Really glad i joined this site :-)

- Matthew

Comment

Thanks for the photos, Matthew. Your plot looks great. I can see why you were excited

Comment

Speaking of seeds I'm not sure if your aware (or if theres one near you) but Wyevale garden centres sell off their seeds for 50p a pack in about August. Someone will put it on here when it gets to the actual time. I picked up some seeds which would have set me back £3 a pack for 50p a piece last year. A lot of the more common pea and bean seeds were sold off for 10p after a few weeks. Not much help for this year but something to look out for.

Comment

Update: After 4 months of trial and error this is what the plot now looks like. We have had some runner beans, potatoes, chilles and tomatoes growning so far and I will be starting to get some seeds growing in the greenhouse in the next week or so.

Matthew
                Attached Files

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X