Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone had problems with joint ownership of a plot?

Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ask Jobsworth what happens when a plot holder goes on holiday duing the growing season, do other plot holders get someone to water thier plants? If so, then surely thats against the rules.

Check with other plot holders if they jointly work thier plot? If so, then Jobworth is discriminating against you.

Ask who this Jobsworth answers to? Then report him.

Never let such Jobsworth win... they are all bullies and dont like it when challanged.
    Its Grand to be Daft...

https://www.youtube.com/user/beauchief1?feature=mhee

Comment

I cant believe this Steward.
      Last edited by bearded bloke; 11-03-2015, 12:01 PM. Reason: potentially inflamatory comment removed

Comment

And once again a thread descends into nastyness about people who enforce allotment rules.

We don't know exactly why this has come up. Has something happened to make them question who should be allowed on site?

I find it deeply offensive to all the people out there who try and run allotment sites to make them nice fair places when threads start making nasty comments.

The thread starts "joint ownership" - it's not that at all. It's a tenancy on an allotment which is in the name of one person. It looks like full rights are not applicable to this other person.
        For whatever reason this has been bought up - the OP needs to calmly find out why.

Comment

Originally posted by alldigging View Post
          And once again a thread descends into nastyness about people who enforce allotment rules.

We don't know exactly why this has come up. Has something happened to make them question who should be allowed on site?

I find it deeply offensive to all the people out there who try and run allotment sites to make them nice fair places when threads start making nasty comments.

The thread starts "joint ownership" - it's not that at all. It's a tenancy on an allotment which is in the name of one person. It looks like full rights are not applicable to this other person.
          For whatever reason this has been bought up - the OP needs to calmly find out why.
          I am in no way trying to wage war on my plot steward here and as a former committee member I have every respect for the need to enforce rules for the good of a harmonious and safe site.

My partner of 2yrs has asked to get invovled on the plot and this has simply occurred because the plot steward has only met him the once, despite him coming down last year with me on a small number of occasions. I simply let him spend the afternoon on the plot alone and it didn;t even cross my mind that this was not allowed. Nothing has happened on the site other than the steward trying to enforce everything "to the book" - having been there for 5yrs and caused noproblems in the past I am just amazed that there is no willingness to even consider looking for a solution.

My thread was simply, and innocently, to seek guidance from others on a solution to this problem. This is not an attack on the rule enforcers, but I am within my rights to challenge the rules in a civilised way...which I intend to do.

Comment

Originally posted by SproutLover82 View Post
            I am in no way trying to wage war on my plot steward here

Nothing has happened on the site other than the steward trying to enforce everything "to the book" - having been there for 5yrs and caused noproblems in the past I am just amazed that there is no willingness to even consider looking for a solution.
            No it is other comments I was referring to.

Enforcing rules to the book ensures everyone in theory knows where they stand. Sometimes clarity is needed in rules, but generally they are there for a reason.

Comment

I am in no way trying to wage war on my plot steward here and as a former committee member I have every respect for the need to enforce rules for the good of a harmonious and safe site.

My partner of 2yrs has asked to get invovled on the plot and this has simply occurred because the plot steward has only met him the once, despite him coming down last year with me on a small number of occasions. I simply let him spend the afternoon on the plot alone and it didn;t even cross my mind that this was not allowed. Nothing has happened on the site other than the steward trying to enforce everything "to the book" - having been there for 5yrs and caused noproblems in the past I am just amazed that there is no willingness to even consider looking for a solution.

My thread was simply, and innocently, to seek guidance from others on a solution to this problem. This is not an attack on the rule enforcers, but I am within my rights to challenge the rules in a civilised way...which I intend to do.
              Were you a former committee member on this site? If not, have you considered becoming a member?

Seeing this from the POV of the site steward, he saw an unknown man on your plot. What would your reaction have been if this had been a total stranger trespassing and the steward had ignored it.?

Its very difficult for anyone with responsibility and a requirement to comply with a rule book, to please everyone. Just try being a moderator of this Forum.

The Steward is doing his job. Unless you (and I mean everyone reading this thread) know the Facts I see little point in taking one side or the other. So please everyone, stick to offering constructive advice. Even though some of you appear to enjoy it, I have no wish to bring out the pointy stick or the whip

Comment

I hope that at least some of the advice offered in this thread will be of use in the challenge you put to your committee, I feel that the thread has come to the end of it's potential usefulness & shall close it, good luck & please do let us know the outcome of your challenge
                He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X