X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And equally how you concider others )

Comment

I consider others by appreciating they grow in different ways. I don't think my way is right for everybody as there are so many ways to do things. That is surely more considerate than being sure you are right and by definition better an others? I stand by my statement than if anybody has to judge it should be on what they produce and not how.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Plotman, there is an old ( & very accurate) adage whereby you ask a finite number of people a question, from which you will receive an infinite number of answers, these answers will be right or wrong depending on your perception of the original question.The great trick is to accept them all & move on
        Last edited by veggiechicken; 03-03-2015, 10:49 PM. Reason: typo
        He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

Originally posted by bearded bloke View Post
          Plotman, there is an old ( & very accurate) adage whereby you ask a finite number of people a question, from which you will receive an infinite number of answers, these answers will be right or wrong depending on your perception of the original question.The great trick is to accept them all & move on
          Ha ha thats not an adage, Thats your opt out of having to form an opinion. Good debate is always of value

Comment

Originally posted by longpig View Post
            I've just taken on an allotment and, along with the couch grass and brambles, it's covered in old carpet that disintegrates when you try to dig it up. I know there is some concern about the toxins this releases -- should I be concerned about growing in the soil? Does anyone know if there is any science to back this up? Thanks for any advice!
            A reminder of the OP's question that started this thread.

Originally posted by plotman View Post
            Ha ha thats not an adage, Thats your opt out of having to form an opinion. Good debate is always of value
            If you wish to debate something, debate whether there are toxins in old carpet, not your plot neighbour's cardboard. We've heard all about that before!

Comment

I wouldn't be in the least bit concerned longpig - there are other, far more serious things to worry about in life
              What do you get if you divide the circumference of a pumpkin by its diameter?
              Pumpkin pi.

Comment

The worst thing about finding carpet on your plot, is that it's so hard to get out, it's heavy, muddy, and getting all the disintegrating threads out is very hard work, I feel for you longpin. Hope once you do get it out, and the brambles and stuff you get to really enjoy your plot.
                Last edited by Dorothy rouse; 04-03-2015, 02:07 PM.
                DottyR

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                  A reminder of the OP's question that started this thread.

If you wish to debate something, debate whether there are toxins in old carpet, not your plot neighbour's cardboard. We've heard all about that before!
                  We have already discussed that, conversation moved on to other methods of weed supressing.

Comment

Shall we draw a veil under this as op's question was answered?

Comment

Originally posted by plotman View Post
                      We have already discussed that, conversation moved on to other methods of weed supressing.
                      Yes, I noticed the conversation being moved on and by whom.
                      This thread is now closed

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X