No announcement yet.

How far is your lottie?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mine is about a mile away, I usually go on the bike, and have small trailer to carry things in , which just attaches to the bike seat stem.

Comment

Mine is a bit over a mile away, takes 25 minutes for me to walk there. So I take the car nearly always. Although I'm thinking about getting a folding bicycle that I can keep in the shed at home and carry onto the allotment site when I get there...
      My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
      Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

Originally posted by Travellers View Post
        Mine is about a mile away, I usually go on the bike, and have small trailer to carry things in , which just attaches to the bike seat stem.
        Hi travellers,

Have you got a picture/link to look at, I might consider this?!

Comment

Not very far but have to go in car as it's up very steep hill, and is kind of 'up behind' the house, takes about 5 minutes, about quarter of a mile?
          DottyR

Comment

Mine is 20 minutes walk away but I often get the car as I carry my tools with me each time.

New all singing all dancing blog - Jasons Jungle

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
            ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
            ― Thomas A. Edison

- I must be a Nutter,VC says so -

Comment

Mine is 1.5 miles away. About a 5-10 min drive. Would be a half hour walk.

Comment

Mine used to be 1.3 miles and I always drove as the roads were not very good and I was pregnant.

Thankfully it is now the bottom of my garden

Comment

Originally posted by Norfolkgrey View Post
                  Thankfully it is now the bottom of my garden
                  Mine too - I love popping out in my PJ's in the Summer to check on my plants

Comment

When I had a plot it was a couple of miles away, downhill. I could walk there in about half an hour but it took much more effort to walk home, especially if I was carrying veggies. I tried cycling, but I'm not confident on a bike, plus the uphill bit home meant I was pushing the bike most of the way home.
                    Ultimately, the car won, but I didn't go to the plot often enough as there was also the garden to look after. So I gave it up for someone else to enjoy.

Comment

behind my garden

Comment

Mines at the bottom of the garden

Comment

5 minute walk for me
                          The love of gardening is a seed once sown never dies ...

Comment

Less than a 15 minute walk

Comment

My garden, love watching over my crops from my window
                              Nannys make memories

Comment

Less then a 1/4 of a mile from the flat, compared to my old site that was almost 8 miles away
                                An attempt to live a little more self-sufficient

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X