Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New field - Allotment project - Rotavate?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kristen View Post
    ... Paulieb could hire your service though, eh?!!
    What...to get annoyed at him if he has not got to a certain point?

Comment

Yeah ... "Project Manager" I'll call it
      K's Garden blog the story of the creation of our garden

Comment

Great opportunity. I would certainly treat with Roundup as a one off. Then Rotorvate once ground is clear. I took on my allotment ten yrs ago with three ft high weeds/grass etc. Its a hard sharp attack innitially but ever since then, I dig and maintain annually with ease and have zero couch or the like. Also it avoids what i believe to be a very untidy and harmful practice of covering with cardboard or old carpet. That simply very unsightly, Turns soil sour and is very anti social for everyone else to tollerate

Comment

Originally posted by plotman View Post
          Also it avoids what i believe to be a very untidy and harmful practice of covering with cardboard
          Could you please expand how covering with cardboard is deemed harmful yet you're prepared to promote the use of weedkillers, I'm intrigued.
          Last edited by Bigmallly; 06-02-2015, 01:38 PM.
          sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
          --------------------------------------------------------------------
          Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
          -------------------------------------------------------------------
          Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
          -----------------------------------------------------------
          KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Originally posted by plotman View Post
            Great opportunity. I would certainly treat with Roundup as a one off. Then Rotorvate once ground is clear. I took on my allotment ten yrs ago with three ft high weeds/grass etc. Its a hard sharp attack innitially but ever since then, I dig and maintain annually with ease and have zero couch or the like. Also it avoids what i believe to be a very untidy and harmful practice of covering with cardboard or old carpet. That simply very unsightly, Turns soil sour and is very anti social for everyone else to tollerate
            Yes have a look in my folders i had everything 3 feet high on my new plot OCT 2014
            gave it a dose of roundup,
            as i could not wait for cardboard (its a different plot now)
            hope it helps

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X