Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For rats I used Neosorexa Gold.

Comment

Plant lavender & garlic as a boundary. I always thought rat bait is poisonous for birds,you can sometimes see a rat-run along the edges of the garden, put bait down but covered slightly,or wrap some bait in cling film & push into any hole. Cats are great for catching mice etc I noticed some of my peas weren't germinating(thought they weren't)they disappeared,I had a feel in the soil,I also noticed my cat sitting in strange areas of the garden-like staring at the compost bin for ages,he was onto the mouse before me

Comment

Iv'e just discovered that in the allotment flooding, the lid from my seed box was dislodged and mice/rats/some sort of nibbling vermin has got in and ruined all my ****** seeds. That's a kick in the teeth after damage and rotten wood

Comment

Sorry I can't help - reading through this thread, the thought of those amounts of rats/mice would force me to move or give up.

We are so lucky on our plot that our local feral cat and/or the foxes seem to keep the problem minimal.

I'm sometimes left with a decimated carcass of various wildlife on my plot - which my oldest daughter has to move for me. (I honestly wimp out at that sort of stuff.)
          .......because you're thinking of putting the kettle on and making a pot of tea perhaps, you old weirdo. (Veggie Chicken - 25/01/18)

My Youtube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnC..._as=subscriber

Comment

At my friend's house I lost a crop of potatoes to rats, and they also damaged the carrots and ate some of the beetroot. The garden there is next to the stables and rats and mice are a fact of life. They even got into the greenhouse and ate the late potatoes in the gro beds. I tried garlic, but that appeared to have no effect at all. I've been putting stone down on the borders in the hope that might keep them at bay. I think we also had a squirrel in there as I found several clumps of grain which was starting to germinate, buried in the compost.

We managed to reduce the rat population in the greenhouse using poison (not sure what it was as my friend's husband got it). If you are storing animal feed, or anything else edible, we find at the stables that old freezers are the best things for keeping the rats out. They simply eat their way through plastic bins.
            A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X