so what do you do if.....

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so what do you do if.....

one of your neighbours at the allotments is one of the rudest people you have ever met?

She has been rude to me on both the occasions that I have spoken to her When I told someone about it, he knew who I was refering to straight away! Apparently he has felt the sharp end of her tounge

Everyone else I have met has been lovely, really nice. She signed up a few weeks ago like me too, I don't want to fall out with people there, but if she carries on like that, I don't think I could keep quiet

hmmmmm....
    "Nothing contrary to one's genius"

http://chrissieslottie.blogspot.com/

Glyphosate!!.... hehe
    check out the progress of my first plot ... http://gerrysallotment.blogspot.com/

Comment

Keep smiling, say hello, but don't stop what you are doing. That way you won't give her the chance to 'engage' in conversation.
      Julie

Comment

hi the simple answer to your problem is not to speak to her just blank her completly dumb insolence is a good weapon i am practiced in the art jacob
        What lies behind us,And what lies before us,Are tiny matters compared to what lies Within us ...
        Ralph Waide Emmerson

Comment

how about you shove an ipod in your ears and listen to some calming music. OR you could not listen to anything and just pretend to sing REALLY LOUDLY. She'll think you are derranged and won't talk to you again?
          check out the progress of my first plot ... http://gerrysallotment.blogspot.com/

Comment

Easy she is new to lotties like you one day she (it) will need help/advise I hope you have a long memory. At the moment you don't have to speak!
            Last edited by bubblewrap; 13-06-2007, 07:50 PM.
            The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
            Brian Clough

Comment

She could be very nervous and unsure of herself. People like that often come across as rude when they simply are too scared to communicate properly. She could also have learning difficulties. I know it's awkward if she's on the plot next to yours, but what I always do is say hello on the way in and then get busy. That way you don't have to wait for an answer or a conversation, but if one is forthcoming you can enjoy or leave (your choice)

Comment

Our site is becoming a bit like this. It used to be really friendly, but now lots of new people have joined and this is good, but the atmosphere has changed. There are feuds going on etc.
                The woman next to me never speaks. I always say hello, cos it's odd not to, but she barely replies. I had resigned myself to just not speaking to my neighbour, then one day one of her big fat lettuces has been left on my step - what a surprise. I think she's just quiet.

And remember that many people make judgements on you based solely on your looks. Their response to you may be from jealousy, or whatever.
                Last edited by pigletwillie; 14-06-2007, 07:46 AM.
                All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Thanks for the replys

I had to speak to her once, she was parked on the access road and I couldn't get out, after waiting a good ten minutes for her to get water and water her plants, I asked her if she could move her car (you aren't allowed to park on the road) she said 'I'm busy' and then went on about waiting, why don't you reverse (nigh on impossible!!), all she had to do was move it over a few inches. Everyone else, including myself, will go out of there way to move cars and shuffle to make space.

Think thats what someone else had a problem with her for, except he got told to f off

It's such a shame, her daughter looked the same age as mine.

Oh well, only one sour grape from the bunch, glad to say every one else I've met are great!

Think I'll just not bother with her. Might try the singing idea lol

would it be naughty to fling any slugs I find onto her patch? lol

Originally posted by gerrybhoy View Post
                  Glyphosate!!.... hehe

hee hee.....

I had to google it
                  Last edited by pigletwillie; 14-06-2007, 07:47 AM.

Comment

I think maybe you have to recognise she has a problem.
                    If you don't want to deal with it, Just say GOOD MORNING in a bright and cheerful way and carry on with what you are doing.
                    It will all work out.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

definately, a perminant thundercloud over her head

I don't think she has any 'problems' as such, just mardy

I'll just be polite when I have to be, her loss not mine

Comment

You could get someone to walk past her car with a sharp impliment scratchs or a flat tyre might make her park elsewhere?
                        Sorry to hear of your "problem" but some people think they can do as they choose and b****r to you all.
                        Wait for you chance to drop her in it(it WILL come)
                        The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
                        Brian Clough

Comment

fight fire with water, the nicer you are to her the harder it will become for her to be rude to you, my parents have a lady like this on their road, its become quite a game to see how nice we can be to her, its quite funny watching her struggle to be rude.
                          Yo an' Bob
                          Walk lightly on the earth
                          take only what you need
                          give all you can
                          and your produce will be bountifull

Comment

Hi, sorry to hear about your mardy neighbour, its sad that today people are so aggressive (I sound old, i'm only 33) and turn a nice pastime into a stressful one. You could report her to allotment committee if things get too bad. We have overfriendly neighbours and struggle to get work done sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by yoanbob View Post
                              fight fire with water, the nicer you are to her the harder it will become for her to be rude to you, my parents have a lady like this on their road, its become quite a game to see how nice we can be to her, its quite funny watching her struggle to be rude.
                              I'd agree with this approach - we have the nastiest old man ever lives opposite us, he talks about you to other neighbour, looking sneeringly down his nose at you whilst doing so so there's no doubt who he's talking about. He rants on about too much traffic, and why should people be allowed to own a car (he has one himself, but hides it in a garage away from his house), and is unnecessarily nasty to kids playing in the lane behind the house. He makes my OH's blood boil.
                              However, I've found the best game ever is smiling really happily at him (especially when he's sneering ), complimenting his garden or saying what a lovely day it is, and watching him splutter and turn purple not knowing what to say... I nearly wet myself trying not to laugh the other day, when he was in his 'secret' car and had to wait @ zebra where i was crossing and I'm there waving & smiling, mouthing "New car?" at him...
                              Hahahahaha...

Yeah, either take no notice of the grump, or amuse yourself by being really,really nice then walk away before there's any time for a response.
                              Good luck

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X