No announcement yet.

Flooding

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've got 4" of rain in my small greenhouse on the pathway ...... still I guess I'll not have to water !
    ntg
    Never be afraid to try something new.
    Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
    A large group of professionals built the Titanic
    ==================================================

Comment

I spoke too soon, the heavens have just opened!! Hope my garden is still there when I get home and it hasnt floated away ... and hope you all still have gardens and veg as well.
      Life may not be the party we hoped for but since we're here we might as well dance

Comment

I've just seen all the news about the rain and floods. Hope all the grapes are OK and no damage done. No rain here.

Clareg, I hope all your crops are OK as they were looking so wonderful.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Hi,

Its still raining! Dexterdog, my brother did get caught in the flooding on Leyland road, and his passenger door leaked as he slowly drove through 2 foot of water!!

All the crops except the pumpkins seem to have benefited from the rain. Just found out that my fish pond at home as collapsed though, family managed to rescue the fish. The water table has risen so high that its forced the plastic liner out of the ground and it collapsed in on itself! More work!!

Clareg

Comment

Just been down to my allotment, or should I say paddy fields? Anyone else contemplating growing rice next year?

Comment

Clareg - If I can package them sufficiently I have a couple of spare pumkin plants if you need them - the variety is Becky, should produce football sized fruit.

PM me if you need them

Terry
              The weeks and the years are fine. It's the days I can't cope with!

Comment

Well, it's been chaos in Yorkshire today - OH said the roads were impossible (he's a rep) it took him 2 hours to get to work today (a half hour journey usually), and the road to Harrogate was competely closed due to a landslip which covered a Merc in mud & rubble with 2 unfortunate people in it. (I think they were got out ok) And there's a massive building on fire in Bradford, ppl being evacuated in 2 streets, and fireman are too busy to deal with flooded roads/houses...
                On the veg front, I've lost a load of seedlings - leeks, lettuce, cabbage, kale that were left in a deep watering tray by accident, but they can easily be re-sown (except the leeks maybe). Lottie has some flooding but not where I've planted. Seems very minor compared to the horrible things that have happened to others today.
                Oh, and me roof has sprung a leak next to the chimney...
                Last edited by SarzWix; 15-06-2007, 09:18 PM.

Comment

Strange patchy weather. After hearing that midlands where having heavy rain, I've just spent the day working around stoke on trent and seen no rain at all. Back home in North Wales, it has rained all day and our paddocks are under water. Lets hope the rain gives us a miss over the weekend.
                  I you'st to have a handle on the world .. but it BROKE!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X