No announcement yet.

Public Viewing

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well done meteor sounds like a great success.
    Also reminds me of our neighbours about 15yrs ago when I lived with my parents, the young kiddie once asked "what are they?" - pointing to a row of onions!!

Sent from my iPhone using Grow Your Own Forum

Comment

Glad it went so well, Meteor. Don't worry about the local naysayers - they must be as narrow minded about life as some of the others were about "unusual" vegetables.

Comment

That sounds brilliant, Meteor - very well done for doing it. Sounds as if you had an interesting experience. I'm amazed that there could be ANYTHING negative to say about growing vegetables. Also how fascinating that what we as gardeners find commonplace is a thing of wonder to some. Reminds me of when I took an American friend to my allotment and handed her a pod of peas to eat. She jumped back in alarm and said 'eww' and later called me a hippie and a child of nature. As for me, I was gobsmacked that someone wouldn't want to eat a pod of lovely fresh peas!
        My Autumn 2016 blog entry, all about Plum Glut Guilt:

http://www.mandysutter.com/plum-crazy/

Comment

So glad you enjoyed your day.If the narrow minded people dont believe in your lifestyle why did they come but I bet you had lot more positive comments than negative I hope the narrow minded people overheard them all.Carry on your good work and enjoy every minute.

Comment

Yes Noosner I certainly know how you to felt to that reaction, the beauty of a forum like this is the help and support you get from like like minded people. Another positive outcome from the open day is that a chap named Thijs, a Belgian visitor from Sunday, called in today, he has lived less than a mile away around the other side of the forest for the last five years and also tries to maintain a self sufficient lifestlye as he possible can with his young family. He wanted to see how my comfrey liqour is made and I am off to his plot tomorrow to see how he makes a potent fungicde from marestail and also how to grow chicory, a new veg for me. I've made a new "hippy" friend ,wohoo
            Last edited by meteor; 03-09-2014, 10:38 PM.

Comment

Hi,
              I am really glad it went ok. Just ignore the negative people and their views. At least you haven't just left you place to fall into ruin and then sell it all off to be built on. People like them don't like change or anything different.
              Glad you have met a like minded person. As you say a new friend with the same out look on life and who wants to be self sufficient like you.
              sigpic

Comment

Well done Meteor, hope you will do it again, it sounds like a lovely day.

Your place is beautiful, I'd love to have something like that. I agree with you about people being stuck in their ways about traditional veg, and not recognising food. But then 2 years ago I had no idea what potato plants looked like and wouldn't have believed that you could grow cucumbers outside either.
                http://mudandgluts.com - growing fruit and veg in suburbia

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X