Yet another new allotmenteer - with a soil question

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bill HH View Post
    The lions and tigers will keep the deer and rabbits away that's for sure.

I once made celery wine and celery does well in wet ground, just a thought.
    Oooh! What is celery wine like? (apologies to all, I realise that my questions thus far largely indicate I'm commandeering 200sq metres of south west Sheffield to make alcohol from, but, yeh, I pretty much am )

Comment

Originally posted by Penny Dreadful View Post
      Oooh! What is celery wine like? (apologies to all, I realise that my questions thus far largely indicate I'm commandeering 200sq metres of south west Sheffield to make alcohol from, but, yeh, I pretty much am )
      Actually it was one of the best wines I made, a very delicate celery flavour and a most satisfying warm after taste, fantastic with cheese. Unfortunately I tried to distil half of it and made nitromors.
      photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

Originally posted by Penny Dreadful View Post
        In that case, I hope you've figured out where the good sloes are up there! Decent sloe gin, left to infuse longer and without all the sugar the mainstream ones have, is awesome. (snuck some pre-mixed sloe gin&tonic into Aerosmith last night, which made everything go along swimmingly )
        http://mudandgluts.com - growing fruit and veg in suburbia

Comment

For weed removal you have 2 real options, dig them up or spray them with something like glyphosphate.
          For the ground add just about anything that makes sense, composted manure, cheap multi purpose, fine bark chips, leaf mould and grit or a fine aggregate.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X