A complete site revamp

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see no harm in pushing for changes.

A big increase in charges will not get people on your side do over 60's get a concession on the price currently?

And I'm sorry, but there are just some people you don't trust with poisons and to be honest a guy I know who works for a local pest control comp stated all the poisons from supermarkets and B&Q places are useless as they are terrified of children getting hold of them so the doses that a rat will eat are not enough to do any harm to them so the only other poisons are controlled and not for public use and you do say there are kids who come to the site, do you really want poisons where kids are?

I know people have said allotments don't need committees, however without a committee you are open to abuses of power by self imposed leaders as I have currently been at the receiving end off to such an extent that we are looking to set up a small elected committee.

I think you have some good ideas going there and if you feel the current committee are not up the job then you have the right to suggest a change but make sure it's actually what the majority of plot holders want as people may be happy with the current staus quo.

Mr G
    Today I will be mainly growing Vegetables.

Tonight The bloody slugs & snails will eat them!

https://www.facebook.com/manchester....ts?ref=tn_tnmn

Comment

Ask/don't ask the committee and do a leaflet round every plot asking questions about what people would like to see on the site.

If no one ever speaks to you again you have cut out the huge amount of rowing to get to that point.

Find out what people want. Talk to everyone.

We've had someone suggest we get rid of some small communal land patch because they need work on them. I think they have huge potential to be useful. I'd hate to see land covered up rather than used. It won't be up to me or him to make that decision though... It's up to the entire group.
      Last edited by alldigging; 09-05-2014, 06:18 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X