No announcement yet.

Which Bank?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I find barclays to be good, I've been with them 12 year and never had any problems
    If you want to view paradise
    Simply look around and view it.

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
      I think the Association should have is a current account
      I've been with F1rst D1rect (part of HS8C) for over a decade: they often win "best bank" awards. I've no complaints at all, the a/c is extremely easy to run from my pc, and you can have telephone or in-branch access too.

You can see all the a/c info on the screen in front of you, setting up, editing and cancelling standing orders or DDs is so simple. Really, I highly recommend them.
      Last edited by Two_Sheds; 31-03-2014, 03:01 PM.
      All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
        I've been with F1rst D1rect (part of HS8C) for over a decade: they often win "best bank" awards. I've no complaints at all, the a/c is extremely easy to run from my pc, and you can have telephone or in-branch access too.

You can see all the a/c info on the screen in front of you, setting up, editing and cancelling standing orders or DDs is so simple. Really, I highly recommend them.
        I've also been really impressed that they spotted an fraudulent transaction out of my account from one of those horrible pay day load people. They spotted it and stopped it then phoned me and I'd not even noticed. All I had to do was sign a form to confirm it was nothing to do with me and it was all sorted. Have since seen loads of cases on the net where the banks have been totally unhelpful in situations like this and the individual has had to claim the money back themselves.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
          If you need two signatures for a cheque, surely individual debit cards defeat the purpose?
          I know bizarre but true....it works for us though
          Last edited by Hans Mum; 31-03-2014, 05:40 PM.
          The love of gardening is a seed once sown never dies ...

Comment

Just an update. Called at LLoyds yesterday. Hadn't a clue what they were doing and gave me a number to ring. Person on the end of the phone was most unhelpful insisting the two previous two signators had to contact her before they would even send any information out regarding the 'Societies and clubs' account.
            I pointed out that I wasn't wanting to utilise the savings account at this time and I could go to any other bank and set up a current account............which I probably will!

I have no idea who the previous signators were and not having the bank book with me couldn't even ask the bank

All I wanted was an information pack with forms to fill in for a current account!
            My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
            to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X