No announcement yet.

weighing up the cost

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another 1 here for the Kings via the lottie society,so much cheaper,i was supprised at how much this year,as i got a catalog direct from kings,so had the 2 to look at,and at only £1 per delivery to the site,no matter what you ordered,is good,into that i got a logan berry delivered,of cause like many other peeps,this not my only sauce of seeds,as bagains are always a later priority
    Last edited by lottie dolly; 11-02-2014, 11:51 AM.
    sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Get together with others to do a big seed buy and you can save £££.
      Many of the big seed companies do offers for 40-50% off the rrp price if you order over £200.

We went through another Oldham allotment to get 50% off our order.

Comment

Originally posted by ancee View Post
        Bill - that's a good point actually. If you have a good garden centre nearby, the experience of going can make your day a happier one! Pottering round, finding stuff you've never seen before, having a coffee.... Bliss There's one near you on the road leading from Kings Ash down towards Brixham - the name escapes me for the moment, but they are lovely in there and even sell lions poo from Paignton zoo!
        I know the one you mean, I got all my shabumkins from there (They tend to dry up in the post) I cant remember the name either lol.
        photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

The stuff I saw in the garden centre is the stuff I was going to buy same veriaties etc so will pop back next week for what I need.

I found the catalogues great to read up on various veriaties so I knew what to expect when I sayw them at the garden centre.

Mr G
          Today I will be mainly growing Vegetables.

Tonight The bloody slugs & snails will eat them!

https://www.facebook.com/manchester....ts?ref=tn_tnmn

Comment

We were intending to buy online but given the number of free packets of seeds we've received we ended up just buying the last few seeds we needed locally.

Comment

We buy all of our seeds from a seller on eBay called premierseeds direct they are brilliant the majority of their seeds are around 99p and we have fantastic results.

We recently sowed 10 chilli seeds we had bought and got 100% success rate as for the garden centres they vary so much depending on which you are at could the variance in cost be attributed to them shipping them to you ? Or was that a separate cost I know that a lot of companies thy advertise free shipping would have already built it in to the cost of the item.

Sent from my iPhone using Grow Your Own Forum

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X