No announcement yet.

The Cobra's Allotment

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice view good size plot as for the tree I got two behind my house that cut off so much light it aint worth sitting out there, and I got two Massive trees that overhang my first plot that cast so much shade it's only good enough for Brasica's luckily I have a second sunny plot
    Today I will be mainly growing Vegetables.

Tonight The bloody slugs & snails will eat them!

https://www.facebook.com/manchester....ts?ref=tn_tnmn

Comment

Been down this aft. Knocked the old hut down that was at the top of the plot, gathered all rotten wood for a fire, and gathered the decent wood to save. Also done a bit more clearing. I'm enjoying doing just a couple of hours every other day, even in December. It's surprising how much you can get done. So we're ready to have a big fire, probably just after xmas now. Gonna have a few beers while sat round the fire!! (will be safe though, as always). Back home now, youngest running riot, and the rabbit running riot!!

Comment

Took a few more pics

Last pic is the first plant on the plot - a Rosemary bush
        Attached Files

Comment

This is the first plant!
          Attached Files

Comment

A few new pics of the hard work we've been putting in over the last few weeks:
            Attached Files

Comment

Well done - looking good. Cracking view you have there, too.

Comment

Thanks Hazel, it's a stunning view. Looks great on a sunny day

Comment

Been a while since I updated this thread, so though I best post a few pics. Over the last couple of months we have put lots of hard work into digging over the plot, and we now have things in the ground!!! Can't wait to collect our own grown veg.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Been a while since I checked out your thread. All is looking great there you have worked hard by the look of it and the soil looks really good and fertile to.

Mr G
                      Today I will be mainly growing Vegetables.

Tonight The bloody slugs & snails will eat them!

https://www.facebook.com/manchester....ts?ref=tn_tnmn

Comment

Looks good. What have you got growing out there?

Sent from my iPhone using Grow Your Own Forum

Comment

Hi peeps, sorry for the lack of updates.
                          Been a very productive first summer - positive and negative results. Managed to get the allotment in a working state and we planted and harvested plenty of onions (white, red and shallots), beetroot, turnips, radish, salad leaves, broadbeans, potatoes, savoy cabbage, pak choi and now the sprouts are doing really well. Our time lately has been taken up by a shed - moved from another plot (friend of mine, who kindly let me have the shed) to ours. A bit of bodging here and there and the shed is finished and looks great - a great retreat after a hard days digging! I will update with pics later. Time to dig over the plot and cover what we can with some thick visqueen ready for the spring. This year has taught me a lot about how difficult it can be to get a plot into good working order - it's no overnight job!!! Great enjoyment though, I've loved every minute. Will try and keep this thread updated more than I have lately!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X