No announcement yet.

Who manages your waiting list?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When the Parish Council gave (imposed) self-management upon us last Spring, we've hit a few "management" problems. Think we've coped OK so far, but we're still learning. Current problem is folk slow to pay rents - hangover from Parish Council laxity I think. We decided to realign all rent due dates from anniversary dates to a common date - a general meeting in October. Most people have paid up but a couple haven't, despite written reminders, and our rules say that plots revert to the Association if rents aren't paid. But we neglected to put a time scale on it - is three months enough to invoke the finality, do you think?

Sent from my iPad using Grow Your Own Forum mobile app

Comment

Originally posted by grahamR View Post
      When the Parish Council gave (imposed) self-management upon us last Spring, we've hit a few "management" problems. Think we've coped OK so far, but we're still learning. Current problem is folk slow to pay rents - hangover from Parish Council laxity I think. We decided to realign all rent due dates from anniversary dates to a common date - a general meeting in October. Most people have paid up but a couple haven't, despite written reminders, and our rules say that plots revert to the Association if rents aren't paid. But we neglected to put a time scale on it - is three months enough to invoke the finality, do you think?

More than enough I would think, I wish people I owe money to were as accomodating. I think perhaps you might have a clause that gives you a little flexibility (Subject to approval of the commitee such as if someones partner has just died or they have had an extended spell in hospital.
      But generaly people should pay their dues on time. My dad used to say "One toot and your oot"
      photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

Yeah three months overdue would be more than enough.
        But it'd need to be agreed at a meeting and added to the rules.

Comment

Yes - 3 months is more than reasonable. Personally, I'd go for 1 month.

Comment

The Council manages the Waiting List and Letting but the Association Management Committee do everything else - it would be better if the Management Committee did everything as plots lie empty whilst there are some on the waiting list although numbers on waiting list seem to go down rapidly when plots are offered and two or three lay empty all last year - Payment off fees has moved from April to 1 January with a final payment date of 30th January, thereafter plot should revert to Association but some leeway is given with a reminder being sent.
            Endeavour to have lived, so that when you die, even the undertaker will be sorry - Puddinghead Wilson's Diary

Nutter by Nature

Comment

Thanks folks. Comments appreciated.
              We're sending out third and final reminders with a deadline. Most of our plotholders agree that 3 months is enough (a couple say too much).
              Hate to have to be tough but needs must, even if only to be fair on the majority. I'll be proposing a procedure to be written into our rules at our AGM in April.
              Could add three plots to the two currently vacant but I don't think they'd stay vacant for two long if we advertised.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X