No announcement yet.

Someone appears to have pinched my allotment :(

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When you take on a plot like that you take on the plot and everything on the plot. He has had ample opportunity to remove whatever he wants.
    photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

• Use whatever is on there. You have a signed tenancy agreement and a key to the site.

If you like broad beans leave them where they are, and harvest them when ready. If you don't like them then compost the plants.

Comment

• I don't like them at all. I do like leeks and cauliflower though so that will get used it just feels but rude to be bin fitting from someone's hard work.

Comment

• If it were me, I would get going on the plot but start with the bits that don't have anything growing. Give the chap a week or two to transplant his veg if he wants to before I get to those parts.

The others are right that you don't have to do this, but it would make me feel better about it.
          My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
          Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

• I'd be down there showing my face, take some string and mark out some beds at least then it will look like you've done something to show that you mean keeping your plot.
            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Originally posted by Methe View Post
              I don't like them at all. I do like leeks and cauliflower though so that will get used it just feels but rude to be bin fitting from someone's hard work.
              This always happens when allotments change hands. Stop worrying and get on with it

Whereabouts are you, by the way? If you add your location (nearest town) to your profile it will show on your posts.

Comment

• Right well I knew my ' too good to be true' feeling was right. I've just met 'my' allotments tenant. By chance my husband and I were stood by the site watching my daughters parade and we say him arrive and open the letter so we went and had a chat. He's had the plot for 5 years and has never given his key in. The are 2 pitches on the site which appear empty, one half plot which wouldn't be big enough and one which is at the bottom of a sloping path and has had all the topsoil washed off it and is now under a couple of inches of water.

Who knows what's happened

Comment

• Oh dear

Council will have to sort it out then!

Comment

• How strange.
                    Not good news at all.I'm sorry.
                    so- what next...
                    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Are there other sites nearby? perhaps the Council have sent you to the wrong one ?

Comment

• Goodness knows. I'm really thankful that I didn't go rooting round this guys stuff or eat his cauli, I'd have felt terrible!

He showed me round the site and seemed to know something about all of the pitches and the were a couple we wasn't sure about and also a couple that he said people had had for several years and never done anything with, which seems selfish.

Someone must have handed a key in in August though so there must be an available allotment there somewhere.

Comment

• I only put my name down for that one, its 5 minute walk from house and next to the kids school.

Comment

• I feel so sorry for you, that is awful, its like thinking you have won the lottery and then finding you got the numbers wrong. The council have a lot to answer for. However all is not lost, maybe the keys were handed in on a different yet decent plot.
                            photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

• Sorry for your disappointment Methe. The good news is that the council have offered you a plot somewhere, it's just a matter of finding out where.............Plonkers!
                              sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                              --------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                              -------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                              -----------------------------------------------------------
                              KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• Sounds like the council have made a huge mistake and I hope there's a plot on the site for you.
                                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X