No announcement yet.

Someone appears to have pinched my allotment :(

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hmm that doesn't sound quite so positive then.

Comment

• An inside piccy is called for Methe.
      I'm only here cos I got on the wrong bus.

Comment

• I couldn't even guess at what the greenery is - could be dock leaves or anything!!

Comment

• Yes those plants inside did make me wonder, they are neatly laid out and too small to have been planted in August, Maybe someone needed a green house and that one was just lying there unused so they chanced their arm hoping to be finished with it before a new tennant arrived? Curiouser and curiouser.
          Last edited by Bill HH; 09-11-2013, 11:45 PM.
          photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

• But they could be old plants putting out new shoots - as are my broad beans that I grew last winter.

Comment

• Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
              But they could be old plants putting out new shoots - as are my broad beans that I grew last winter.
              Oh very clever, hadnt thought of that. it occured to me that culprit might be reading this thread right now, I am sure he can feel out hot breathe on his (or her) collar. probably booking a flight to South America as we speak.
              photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

• No, they aren't old plants in that greenhouse: there's no old foliage on them, they're new. I'd say broad beans, and planted about a month ago
                All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

• All very strange!

Maybe it's the brother/friend of previous tenant who has been asked to collect harvest anything before new tenant takes over?

Sure all be be revealed shortly!
                  DottyR

Comment

• It is weird isn't it!

Do overwintering broad beans (looking at pictures I think t that is what they are) need much in the way of attention? Im wondering if whoever it is will need to go back up there before the 18th deadline in the council letter.

Comment

• So what exactly does the Council letter say? And who was it sent to?

Comment

• It's just addressed to 'plot 3' I didn't open it but was told that it asked whoever is cultivating the plot to contact the council by the 18th Nov.

Comment

• It's attached to the post in the picture and also the shed at the back.

Comment

• Originally posted by Methe View Post
                            Do overwintering broad beans...need much in the way of attention?
                            Nothing at all: just leave them until May, when you can start picking the beans

Comment

• So if this chap doesn't get the letter before next Monday should I just leave them In situ. Do I just get on with using the site as it is, including the tools and stuff or am I going to face to store his stuff in case he makes an appearance 7 months from now.

Im really quite fed up with this situation as It is at the moment.

Comment

• I would carry on, you've got written permission. Crack on!

The previous chap would have been given adequate notice to come and take his stuff, but if you feel bad you could put it aside for a month or two

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X