Allotment site taps

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allotment site taps

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this but do any other allotment sites have there water taps taken off during October and when are they put back on?

Our council seems to have taken them off last year but still hasn't put them on yet
    Visit my blog at: marksallotment20162017.wordpress.com

You're not alone - http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...highlight=taps

Comment

we have dip tanks and the ballcocks are removed so they don't split in the winter. Therefore the water is turned off too. It was put back a couple of weeks bacl, but I've not needed to use it yet with all the rain we've had

Comment

Ours are turned off in October as well, but they've been back on for about a month now.
        He-Pep!

Comment

Our committee Chairman was going to turn ours off, but like a lot of things, he didn't get around to it. I've plenty of water in my water butts, but I do use tap water to make my tea!
          I could not live without a garden, it is my place to unwind and recover, to marvel at the power of all growing things, even weeds!
          Now a little Shrinking Violet.

http://potagerplot.blogspot.com/

Comment

We don't have any water on site. Everything we use we have to collect ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkHackwell View Post
              I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this but do any other allotment sites have there water taps taken off during October and when are they put back on?

Our council seems to have taken them off last year but still hasn't put them on yet
              Contact your site rep or the Council.

Comment

Our water is off between October and April. I know as I have the power of the key to turn it off. It feeds troughs with a ball cock- cattle troughs really. I also read the meter to monitor for leaks. When I opened it on Sunday I found a slow worm.

Attached Files

Comment

We don't have any mains water either, just what we collect in butts off sheds and greenhouses. I take 5l container of water from home for making brews

Comment

Yes one tap turned off for Winter which I asked to be put back on in March and it was done two weeks ago.
                    Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

Gets turned off here - but it is back on again now so the communal butts are full (I saw someone using the hose - dunno why, the soil is still damp underneath)

Comment

Ours went back on a couple of weeks ago.
                        Likac66

Living in her own purple world

Loving gardening, reading, knitting and crochet.

Comment

Ours went on a month ago, but I don't use it much either, have nice new gutters on shed and nice full butt! (Hmm...)
                          Gardening is cheaper than therapy and you get tomatoes

Comment

We don't have taps to turn off just what we collect from the skies and that is very random when it is on or off.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X