The bast weed control fabric/ cover

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The bast weed control fabric/ cover

Ok...I have done the spring dig and due to some heavy work commitments this year I don't want to have to be doing it all again in a couple of weeks. I don't have a huge stash of newspaper or cardboard boxes and I have two beds I want to cover to keep the weeds off my freshly dug beds until it comes to planting out the summer crops. Any good shouts for decently priced fabric or membrane would be appreciated . Bed size is approx 5 mtr by 8 mtr.

Regards an thanks.

Wren

Well I can't say where is god, but I can say the pound shop stuff is VERY thin. Its probably OK with gravel on top but as a bed covering its not going to keep the light out...

?Would it be cheaper to buy newspapers just for the job...?

Or go some place that gets lots of deliveries in cardboard boxes or even better on pallets that have cardboard layers on it?

Comment

Gu to a sopermerket and get cardbaord for fry.

Comment

I skip dip at the local farmers' co-operative. Tye are always pleased to get rid of the card and it's quite often in enormous sheets. I bought what should have been good weed control fabric last year and it still let too much light through for the persistant weeds. I ended up lifting it and putting card undernreath so it just became an expensive way of stopping the card blowing away. If you aren't bothered about water being able to get through you can use heavy duty blank plastic sheets, I paid about £2/m for some 2m wide stuff recently for slightly different job.
        "A life lived in fear is a life half lived."

PS. I just don't have enough time to say hello to everyone as they join so please take this as a delighted to see you here!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X