Any views on theses potato bags?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any views on theses potato bags?

Hi all. A few of my allotment neighbours are growing all their potatoes in black plastic bags. Not large ones. These are about 18" high and appear to hold one plant. Anyone know where I can get them. Also does anyone have experience of them. Thanks.

You could use old compost bags, turned inside out, with a few holes stabbed in the bottom. Roll the sides up when earthing up

Comment

I tried it a couple of years ago. You really need to be on the ball with the watering though as they soon dry out!
      My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
      to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Exhibition growers use them to produce 'clean' potatoes for the show bench. You can get them from online suppliers like LBS Garden Warehouse, and Kays used to do them too. Like Snadger said though, you have to be able to keep up with watering much more than you do those grown in open ground.

Comment

Black Polythene 'Polypot' Plant Containers

Comment

Pound shops have green ones.

Comment

We have about 8 or so from Poundland that are similar material as tarpaulin.

We used similar ones last year and had some nice spuds from them
              Quanti canicula ille in fenestra ?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X