Sods Law

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sods Law

So your in work all week days or nights don't matter but it comes to your days off. The whole week has been nice whilst you have been unable to get to the plot in order to get your seeds and seedlings in. NOW YOU MANAGE TO GET THERE AND MAKE A START! All is going well then suddenly you feel it, but you don't quite believe it there it is again and again you look up in disbelief as if to as ask why? then you hear it those small things that hit the ground and your disbelief amplifies it's sound as each one hits the ground it sounds like thunder in your head but you soldier on battling through saying it will stop in a moment, yet it doesn't and you find yourself having to concede but only when you have got your last Tattie in the ground.

You put your tools away lock up and say it will be better tomorrow. You open your eyes on a new day look out the window and think OK it's not too bad I can get something done today then to add to the misery of the previous day suddenly Achoo Achoo your nose starts running like a tap you start to cough and splutter and you once again look to the sky and ask Why? Why?

Dose this ring a bell for anyone?

Today I will be mainly growing Vegetables.

Tonight The bloody slugs & snails will eat them!

https://www.facebook.com/manchester....ts?ref=tn_tnmn

hmmm failing to see your point... the tatties are in the ground now ain't they?
    Never test the depth of the water with both feet

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Comment

My back is murderously painful today after planting peas in the cold rain yesterday, and we have a communal skip being delivered to the allotments today that I have loads of stuff to put in... Talk about scuppering yourself!

Comment

some days are diamonds......some days are stones .....thats why i'm skint
        don't be afraid to innovate and try new things
        remember.........only the dead fish go with the flow

Another certified member of the Nutters club

Comment

Thankfully I work strange shift patterns so there is generally a slot during the week when I can get on the plot and the weather is OK...but this only works if I am proactive with my free time and am willing to go down there at all hours to make it happen

Last week I had 3 days off, and the weather was great - had 2 good days down the plot. then start of the 3rd, was putting fence posts in and my OH missed the post and whacked my thumb with the metal mallet, and now I have a fractured thumb which is really quite painful at times. I'm on early shifts this week (7-3) which is great for working on the allotment after work but I'm not sure I'm cut up for it at the min. I have 5 days off next week too and am hoping for it to get better by then!!

Comment

Originally posted by buzzingtalk View Post
            was putting fence posts in and my OH missed the post and whacked my thumb with the metal mallet, and now I have a fractured thumb which is really quite painful at times.
            I feel your pain.. Well no I don't! and i'm glad LOL Sorry to hear about the thumb.

I kept pushing from the Thursday to the weekend and then half way through Saturday my body just gave out and was laid up in bed till Last night when I had to get up to go to work. It was a really hard shift but I slept well today and have just potted up my sweetcorn seeds in the coldframe.

Role on Thursday...
            Today I will be mainly growing Vegetables.

Tonight The bloody slugs & snails will eat them!

https://www.facebook.com/manchester....ts?ref=tn_tnmn

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X