No announcement yet.

food waste

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I try not to waste too much but anything we do waste goes into the black bin.

I'm considering getting a wormery.

Comment

I drop anything I don't want to compost into the stove, the dogs on a diet! I wouldn't like to bury it no matter how deep. I once buried some fish and when it was really rotten and smelly the dog dug it up, and rolled in it...urgh!
      The best things in life are not things.

Comment

Originally posted by Darwin. View Post
        I'm considering getting a wormery.
        Do ! Zazen made one quite cheaply, look through her old threads for the destructions

Originally posted by Verinda View Post
        I once buried some fish and when it was really rotten and smelly the dog dug it up
        See, burying is completely the wrong thing to do. Composting is quicker, not smelly, and more hygienic
        All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

As Alison said, bokashi bran bins can be a good (and easy ) way to compost cooked and meaty food waste. Have a goggle, you'll get lots of info.

Comment

Yah, I said something useful

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X