Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Growmore

Hi all
    I am unable to use my supply of farm yard manure it is full of hemlock seeds, is there a problem with using Growmore?

All the best Steve

No problem, it's a chemical fertiliser - it was used extensively during the war.

Many people prefer to use Blood, Fish and Bone (or other organic feeds) rather than chemical fertilisers - that's all.

Comment

FYM isn't a fertiliser, it's humus

Growmore isn't humus, it's a fertiliser
      All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

You have already asked this question Tomuk http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...elp_39604.html

Comment

Originally posted by tomuk56 View Post
          Hi all
          I am unable to use my supply of farm yard manure it is full of hemlock seeds, is there a problem with using Growmore?
          Where did the hemlock seeds come from?

Comment

Growmore is a bit 'Old hat' these days. It is a 7.7.7 balanced chemical fertiliser which just blitzes the soil with chemicals.
            My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
            to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

The lad in the garden centre tried selling me some this week but I don't like anything with chemicals in it so I didn't take it.

Comment

Out of a total of 11 posts on the the forum, you've managed to start 3 threads with a brand-name fertilizer in the title. That seems excessive to me. Are you spamming us?

Comment

The slowest spammer ever!

Comment

Probably using Growless

Comment

Hi
                      I am very sorry if I have caused a problem, I am just very concerned about putting something on my garden that will do permanent damage,thank you all for your help.

All the best Steve

Comment

Hi Steve Best advice I can give is - if its man-made don't use it. I just don't trust chemicals

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
                          Growmore is a bit 'Old hat' these days. It is a 7.7.7 balanced chemical fertiliser which just blitzes the soil with chemicals.
                          I'm confused, everything is 'chemicals', including the air we breath, rain, soil etc.

Do you mean it is a quick release fertiliser, so the plants get a sudden hit, unlike rotted manure say, which is slow release? Or do you mean it lacks some chemicals the plant needs?

Comment

Originally posted by Leif View Post
                            I'm confused, everything is 'chemicals', including the air we breath, rain, soil etc.
                            No, we mean it's synthetic, it's artificial, it's a product of the petroleum industry. It's non-green, it's not homemade, it doesn't add any good to the soil ... I could go on

Originally posted by Leif View Post
                            Do you mean it is a quick release fertiliser
                            Actually, it's balanced. 7-7-7 means that each element (NP and K) is in equal amounts. It's general, it's non-specific, it's not targeted.
                            Last edited by Two_Sheds; 08-04-2013, 09:48 AM.
                            All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X