A four year battle but finally we got them

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A four year battle but finally we got them

After four years of fighting the council and the villagers we finally got our allotments last week Yeaaaaaa
    Its a part of field given over to us by a land owner very greatful to them for this
    But on inspection the soil is very stoney almost looks like that someone has laid stone all across it most of it is flat stone up to 2" in diameter is there a method for clearing this or is it a case of sieving every fork load they are 5m x 25m plots i reckon you would get a barrow load in each row if you picked them up by hand and there are alot of rows per plot lol no carrots this year any advice would be good ty
    Last edited by Shroomy; 22-03-2013, 09:38 AM.
    My Wifes Blog

What sort of stone?
    Get some photos

Comment

sieve or pick them out as you go.
      if there is as much as you say, personally, i would use them for your paths between beds.
      '' We came in different ships, but we're all in the same boat ''

''I'm only responsible for what I say...not what you understand.''

Comment

I take them out as I go along although fortunately I don't have a big stone problem. You'll never get rid of all of them but hopefully it'll get better. I'd go against the advise of using them on the paths though as stones are VERY uncomfortable to kneel on

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Well done on getting the allotment. Think you'll have to hand pick them out, but you'll probably find a use for them. Maybe some sort of drainage ditch or something?
          http://togrowahome.wordpress.com/ making a house a home and a garden home grown.

Comment

maybe use them for a raised spiral herb bed/tower
            In the following link you can follow my recent progress on the plot

https://www.youtube.com/user/darcyvuqua?feature=watch

Comment

Finally got around to taking a couple of pics of the stone

I must admit most of the stone appears to be surface but there is a bit in the ground as well so wont be growing any show carrots lol
              Attached Files
              My Wifes Blog

Comment

Here is one of the plot
                Attached Files
                My Wifes Blog

Comment

Well that's a lot of work done! congratulations. Hope you get a good year to enjoy it all.
                  Ali

My blog: feral007.com/countrylife/

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

One bit of old folklore wisdom says to plant tomatoes when the soil is warm enough to sit on with bare buttocks. In surburban areas, use the back of your wrist. Jackie French

Member of the Eastern Branch of the Darn Under Nutter's Club

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X