Seaweed mulch

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seaweed mulch

Just read TwoSheds' post about using seaweed.

We live on the coast and I am sure I can get some seaweed. My questions are.

Will any type do?
    How much can you use?
    Will I leave it to rot in?

Canyon use it to earth up spuds?

Loving my allotment!

Newton, I used mine - about three Sainsbury life bags full in my water butt for feed. After eight weeks I took the seaweed out and just left it on the top of a polytunnel bed. It acts as a soil cleanser.
    Just remember NOT to take it off rocks or out of seawater. It's only the tide stuff you're allowed to take.
    Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

Originally posted by Newton View Post
      Just read TwoSheds' post about using seaweed.

We live on the coast and I am sure I can get some seaweed. My questions are.

Will any type do? YES
      How much can you use? AS MUCH AS YOU CAN HELP YOURSELF TO
      Will I leave it to rot in? YES IT TAKES A WHILE - you could turn it under

Canyon use it to earth up spuds? NOT SURE I WOULD RELY SOLELY ON SEAWEED, BUT IN ADDITION
      Answered in bold
      Last edited by VirginVegGrower; 24-02-2013, 09:43 PM.
      Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

Originally posted by Newton View Post
        Will I leave it to rot in?
        I do. I leave nearly everything, roughly chopped, on the soil as a mulch. It soon disappears as the worms pull it down

All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X