Great Day on Plot!!!!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great Day on Plot!!!!

Today myself and 5 friends made a serious start clearing my pot, first we repaired the roof on the 6x4 shed so it is water tight, cleared a huge blackberry bush, made a bonfire and burned all the rubbish and rotted pallets, built 2 new compost heaps, cleared all the tall weeds and covered 65% of the plot in terram, (as the season goes on and the more I learn the more terram will be taken off and the more I will grow).

We made five 8 x 4ft raised beds from wooden sleepers and weeded them. It was a great day, very rewarding and we all had a great laugh, one more day like that and I should be able to start growing!!!

Good for you, Greensmen - that's what it is all about!

Although I must say I don't see any piccies in you post, and we are enormously nosy on here!

Comment

Originally posted by Hazel at the Hill View Post

Although I must say I don't see any piccies in you post, and we are enormously nosy on here!
      Saw your seeds at Ryton and I had a nosy - beautifully presented if I may say so
      Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

Originally posted by VirginVegGrower View Post
        Saw your seeds at Ryton and I had a nosy - beautifully presented if I may say so
        Well, thank you m'dear - it was a fairly pedestrian selection due to the rubbish seed saving weather last year.

I have an ulterior motive in that donating a dozen packets of a variety beans or peas to the swap 'buys' me a packet of two of interesting seeds from HSL despite me not being a member at the mo - this year, tomato 'lafah', a leek variety and a lettuce which I hope to save seeds from (one of my 52wk challenges)

Although I DO NOT NEED ANY MORE SEEDS (note: repeat to self), I might justify a day out to Foxton Seedy Sunday on the first weekend in March.

Back on topic - what are you planning to grow in your beautiful beds, Greensmen?

Comment

Ji Hazel I have tried a few times to upload pics but don't seem to be able to so any help with this will be appreciated, and Il put a few up
          Originally posted by Hazel at the Hill View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Greensmen View Post
            Ji Hazel I have tried a few times to upload pics but don't seem to be able to so any help with this will be appreciated, and Il put a few up
            How far do you get in uplodaing the pics?
            http://vegblogs.co.uk/overthyme/

Comment

Hi Greensman, you think you're excited now? Wait till July..........
              Re uploading pics.........Click "Go Advanced", scroll down to "Manage Attachments", then upload your files then click "insert online"..........works for me............
              Last edited by Bigmallly; 02-02-2013, 08:08 AM.
              sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
              --------------------------------------------------------------------
              Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
              -------------------------------------------------------------------
              Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
              -----------------------------------------------------------
              KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

That sounds very productive. I need to get a few volunteers to help mine. Theres only so much bonfires and mulled wine my friends can take. Now we've taken on a bigger plot, we're starting from scratch again! Good luck with yours, sounds like you're off to a great start.
                http://togrowahome.wordpress.com/ making a house a home and a garden home grown.

Comment

I enjoy clearing and turning lottie plots around. I'm on my 4th one now. Never had any volunteers though only my OH and she was a conscript
                  Chris

My Allotment Journal @
                  Google+ and Youtube

https://plus.google.com/106010041709270771598/posts

http://www.youtube.com/user/GrowingJournal/videos
                  -

Updated Regularly-Last Update was 30-05-16

Comment

Some pics!!

I have realized the pics I was trying to upload were to big, I have now resized them so hopefully this will work!!??

First pic is the plot at the beginning of the day, (we had started the raised beds before I took the pic)

Second Pic is the raised beds.

Third pic is the old compost heap, all the rotted pallets have been burned.

Fourth pic is the plot at the end of the day.

Fifth pic is of the new compost hep, the covered bit is nearly full from what was there before and the one next to it is empty.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Greensmen; 02-02-2013, 02:45 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X