chippyken

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chippyken

morning.can anyone help me .i just cant seem to my caulis to maturaty .just as a head starts to show and they look really good they just go rotten on the stem .not just this year but all the time .any clues .

Chippyken I can't help with your question so I thought I'd still say hello and welcome to the vine instead
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Hello Chippyken and welcome from me too. I've never grown a decent cauli in my life but I'm sure there'll be someone along soon who can help you.

Comment

Welcome to the vine Ken, I have no idea why the stems should rot, I have put a link below with some info. when the curds start to form, you need to blanch them by pulling leaves over them to stop light turning them yellow.

Cauliflower Pests And Diseases
        sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
        --------------------------------------------------------------------
        Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
        -------------------------------------------------------------------
        Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
        -----------------------------------------------------------
        KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Cauliflower like rich well manured soil. When planting out, water well in and then firm the ground really really well. To prevent problems with cabbage root fly, cut a 3-4" square of carpet underfelt and then cut a slot in to the centre and position the felt around the plant. Net to prevent damage from the catterpillars of the cabbage white butterfly. When the curd starts to develop, tie the leaves together with soft twin or similar. This prevents the curds yellowing and also keeps out rain which can cause the curd to rot. Also consider throwing down some slug pellets around the plants.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X