No announcement yet.

Soggy allotment

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well sympathies for you all. Opposite problem to me, but just as hard to deal with I'm sure. Wet and cold vs hot and dry. I'm over extremes!
    Ali

My blog: feral007.com/countrylife/

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

One bit of old folklore wisdom says to plant tomatoes when the soil is warm enough to sit on with bare buttocks. In surburban areas, use the back of your wrist. Jackie French

Member of the Eastern Branch of the Darn Under Nutter's Club

Comment

I am in Wallingford and our allotments are partly under water as well. The groundwater is so high that the water cannot drain away and every rain just makes it worse now. The old guys on the allotment said they have never seen the allotment site under water like this. It never happened before.
      My allotment does not look as bad as some of the others which are fully under water now. I hope that all the permanent plants such as asparagus and fruit trees survive.
      Attached Files

Comment

Reks, I have seen your allotment site from the train, looks awful, hope it dries out ok

Comment

😰😰😰sob.... Sob.....I had dug in 5 bags of manure in Dec!!!! Got to just wait and c when if ever I can grow anything this year.....

Sent from my iPhone using Grow Your Own Forum mobile app
          cheers Reks

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X