My First Post A Fewquestions

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My First Post A Fewquestions

Hi all i have a few questions as i have just got my first allotment.
    Question 1 i have axcess to farm manuar is it best to put on as it is or let it stand for some time.

Question 2 I allso have axcess to Seeweed is it best to wash the salt out or can i put it on ground as it is. Hope you dont mind me asking thanks

Here are a few picks of my allotment

Attached Files

You don't say whether the farmyard manure is fresh or if it has been left to compost down. If fresh, best leave it in a heap until you are ready to cultivate your plot in the springtime.

Seaweed is best washed before applying unless growing a seaside type plant like beetroot which grows well with salt in the soil.

Comment

Thanks for the advice the manure will be fresh

Comment

Hello Deerhunter, welcome to the Vine. Your allotment looks nice and tidy - did you have to do much work on it? It would help if you let us know whereabouts you are; if you add your location (nearest town) to your profile it will show up on your posts.

Comment

Hello i started from scratch in October this Year i have put my home town in now and thank you

Comment

Wow, Croeso, Deer hunter! Another South Walian. All the more the merrier
            Your plot does look very tidy, especially as you haven't had it for long.
            Lots of friendly advice and banter on here. make yourself at home!

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
              Wow, Croeso, Deer hunter! Another South Walian. All the more the merrier
              Your plot does look very tidy, especially as you haven't had it for long.
              Lots of friendly advice and banter on here. make yourself at home!
              Thanks for the welcome

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X