Accident book...

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accident book...

Should allotments have an accident book?

For communal areas it would probably be a good idea (club house/site office etc if you have one).

Comment

No it was on someone's plot I've slipped in the same place again.
      Wet boards outside someone's shed - was putting a note through their door this time.

Comment

Most sites insist on public liability insurance by plotholders. Ours is included in the rent and roughly equates to £2 per plotholder per year for millions of pounds worth of cover.
        My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

We have liability cover - not that I need to claim.

We are expected to have safe plots though -

I have slipped on this bit of boarding before though and suggested to the plotholder he put some sand or something on it as it was really slippy.

Comment

If somebody slipped on my plot I'd consider it their own fault for being there in the first place as it's my plot. If it was somebody I'd invited on then it might be different but I'd still expect them to take care of themselves, the same as if they were in my garden at home.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Plot holders have a duty of care to anyone who ends up on the plot.

As site secretary I was just putting a note through as the other methods of communication have failed in the recent past. I don't normally wander on to plots.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X