Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allotment Agreement Only Just posted :(

Hi Folks,

I posted my first post about 2.5 weeks ago having just been to view my first ever plot. I've just found out that Sheffield City Council bless em have only just posted the agreement out to me, and only upon receipt of it being sent back signed can I get my "gate key".

Any way, lots of digging & planning to do but at least I have my wellies & thermal socks ready to go

What I wanted to ask was this. Is it too late now to plant over wintering onions once a bed has been cleared. I have read on various forums that as long as it's not too wet & the ground is workable that it should be ok, but I didn't want to just chuck money away. I had been told redar should be ok???

I just wanted to get something growing whilst I dig & clear for England.

Any advice welcome.

Get some overwintering sets, and start them off at home in modules. They should soon form roots and shoots and can be planted out on the lottie when you have a bed ready for them.

Comment

Originally posted by wadsleyparkowl View Post
      I had been told redar should be ok?
      Radar?

That's an overwintering one, yes. There are others, but see what you can get hold of locally
      All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Hi wadsleyparkowl it's good to have you back - if you need any fertilisers etc there are plenty at the wisewood horticultural and district society - if you don't know where it is just PM me for directions. Peter your site secretary will be there this Sunday

Comment

Getting my gate key tomorrow

Can't wait, won't sleep tonight. Gonna take some pics& have a good look round. Yipee!!!!! I feel like a kid on Christmas eve.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X