plot 63, here i come!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, at the end of the day if you think it's worth it, then it is

I'd pay a lot more for my plot, I enjoy being outside, and ejoying reaping the benefit - as we all do.

I'm pretty "in" with the soc on my site, hopefully if I get another, I'll be asking the same - however, I'd still happily pay for two half plots, if they were £28. From all the calculations I've done - this year I'm in profit by £43. It's not about the money for me - but still it's a nice thought

Comment

Top banana, I'm with Chris, my first thought, involved me sucking in air over my teeth.

I pay £5 for my 1/2 plot same size, I think I have a picture of it here somewhere........

Here it is, my 1/2 plot with a load of lovely mature muck in my new raised beds.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Mikey; 19-10-2012, 02:22 PM.
      I'm only here cos I got on the wrong bus.

Comment

Originally posted by chris View Post
        Well, at the end of the day if you think it's worth it, then it is

I'd pay a lot more for my plot, I enjoy being outside, and ejoying reaping the benefit - as we all do.

I'm pretty "in" with the soc on my site, hopefully if I get another, I'll be asking the same - however, I'd still happily pay for two half plots, if they were £28. From all the calculations I've done - this year I'm in profit by £43. It's not about the money for me - but still it's a nice thought
        I don't but our soil at home is scrappy thin on rock hard shale. What can you do if you want to grow your own? We have considered building deep raised beds in the garden, but the leaves, pine needles, acorns, etc. fall all over it.
        As an aside we responded to a call in our village rag mag for those interested in setting up/holding allotments in our village (our plot is in the next village - 5/10 mins drive), needless to say we never heard another thing.
        Last edited by VirginVegGrower; 19-10-2012, 02:15 PM.
        Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

Ah.. but £28/year for fresh fruit and veg that you want to grow? Cheaper than a night out!

Comment

Ah.. but £28/year for fresh fruit and veg that you want to grow? Cheaper than a night out!
            And a gym membership! But compared to what others pay, it's a right royal rip orf
            Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

£26 a year = 50p a week. What else can you buy for that??

Comment

Hi all, I think they are expensive compaired to other parts of the country, things tend to be more expensive here, i have a friend at work, he has a plot which is in between 5 and 10 rod size in clacton, he pays £20 per year but has no water.
                another work colleague has one in Fordham, outside colchester, he pays £17 for a full plot, no water, no fences.
                I think the charges are more in central Colchester.
                Here we have 120 odd half plots for 8000 residents.

There is a toilet on site, and its very secure, along with the upkeep I suppose they have to charge a premium.

I look at it as £1.97 per month, it shouldnt break the bank

I had a look today, only quickly and in the rain!
                I have a plot divided into 4 blocks, theres quite a few thigs growing already, he had to double check it was the right plot, it looks 'in-use'.
                I ahve a new looking shed, two water butts, two 'daleks' and a large pallet compost heap.

I get the key on Monday, pictures to follow!
                <*}}}>< Jonathan ><{{{*>

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                  £26 a year = 50p a week. What else can you buy for that??
                  who is £26 per year?

Comment

Originally posted by cptncrackoff View Post
                    Hi all, I think they are expensive compaired to other parts of the country, things tend to be more expensive here, i have a friend at work, he has a plot which is in between 5 and 10 rod size in clacton, he pays £20 per year but has no water.
                    another work colleague has one in Fordham, outside colchester, he pays £17 for a full plot, no water, no fences.
                    I think the charges are more in central Colchester.
                    Here we have 120 odd half plots for 8000 residents.

There is a toilet on site, and its very secure, along with the upkeep I suppose they have to charge a premium.

I look at it as £1.97 per month, it shouldnt break the bank

I had a look today, only quickly and in the rain!
                    I have a plot divided into 4 blocks, theres quite a few thigs growing already, he had to double check it was the right plot, it looks 'in-use'.
                    I ahve a new looking shed, two water butts, two 'daleks' and a large pallet compost heap.

I get the key on Monday, pictures to follow!
                    Coolio - I got waist high weeds and a dilapidated home made compost bin! I was pleased with that Sounds fabulous and I am very pleased for you. See, things come to those who wait!

Comment

Originally posted by VirginVegGrower View Post
                      who is £26 per year?
                      Nobody - its just easy to work out Chris's £28 a year is, erm....2800p divided by 52 = 53.85p a week (I think cos I did it on the back of an envelope)

Comment

But mine's like £6/7 odd

Comment

But mine's like £6/7 odd
                          Sorry Chris, I'm mixing you up with VVG
                          *Thinks* - why on earth did I complicate things

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                            Sorry Chris, I'm mixing you up with VVG
                            *Thinks* - why on earth did I complicate things
                            Cos you is a nuttah!

Oops, forgot to mention............congrats Captain (Now who's the nutter)
                            Last edited by Snadger; 19-10-2012, 08:04 PM.
                            My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                            to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
                              Cos you is a nuttah!
                              Oops, forgot to mention............congrats Captain (Now who's the nutter)
                              Awww, Snadge, you say the nicest things *blushes*

Comment

When I was in Aberdeen, it was going up to £70 per year for a "full size" plot that was about 70% of the traditional plot. No much wonder AP was losing the plot...
                                So congratulamacations cap'n, you have a bargain that will only get more cost effective as time goes on and food gets more expensive !
                                There's no point reading history if you don't use the lessons it teaches.

Head-hunted member of the Nutter's Club - can I get my cranium back please ?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X