Cauliflower - just leaves

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cauliflower - just leaves

My cauliflower lookmreallynhealthy with lts if strong leaves. But ..... No heads?
    Should I give them up for lost and if so what went wrong?

There should be a curd there by this time, I think you can say it has come up blind. Cheers, Tony.
    Semper in Excrementem Altitvdo Solvs Varivs.

Comment

V4, you have posted two threads with this question- it may get confusing. Where are your caulis planted? (I already asked this on the other thread)

Comment

What sort of cauliflowers are they? I've got some big strong ones that won't give me flowers until next May. It all depends on the variety.

Comment

i have a few cauliflowers in the ground, a few varieties .... one romanesco and one all year round have curds about the size of a 50p piece .... the others have only leaves .... they were all sown 11th march, planted out 2nd july ....

6 months to get this far ....

might just need more patience ....
          Last edited by Farmer_Gyles; 14-09-2012, 07:34 PM.
          http://MeAndMyVeggies.blogspot.com

Comment

The best Cauliflower grower in the UK who has won the NVS class for this vegetable many times has a similar problem this year. His caulis have just sat doing nothing form weeks on end. It has just been a difficult season so don't be despondent. The cold nights and changeable weather have probably given your plants a check and stunted them

Comment

If the central leaves are still nice and tight there is hope but if they have opened up I'd dig them up. My caulis are taking longer than usual this year but getting there eventually.

Comment

Mark Twain said that a cauliflower was just a cabbage with an education - maybe your cauliflowers are ignorant of their purpose and think that they are cabbages!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X