No announcement yet.

Complaints about noise on allotments

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Live and let live is my motto, A bit of inconvenience should be accepted by everyone from time to time.

No long term harm to anyone is being done here so just tell him how it is. And to stop being unreasonable.

End of.
    My new website for allotment beginners www.theallotmentshed.co.uk

My Facebook page Please take the the time to "LIKE" https://www.facebook.com/theallotmentshed

Follow on Twitter The Allotment Shed @TASallotment

Comment

Originally posted by bearded bloke View Post
      Yep,but on the plus side in six weeks time all the combine harvesters will be tucked away,then it will be forage harvesters for a couple of weeks,then the beet/potato harvesters,then the tractors & ploughs will be out,then ...............

Yep it really is sooooooooo peaceful in the modern countryside
      At least they don't burn it now, that really was a pain, couldn't open windows for a couple of weeks every year and there was one farmer nearby where I lived who never bothered which way the wind was blowing and ended up blinding the drivers on a main road - you can imagine the chaos.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

complain to the council that you have moaned at,I always say get in there first every complaint has to be logged ( get copy ) no matter how little,

He wouldnt like my allotment site there is always someone rotavating strimming and mowing,

If he was rude id just ignore him and get on with your work you paid for it, you rent it you look after it, as you see fit, would test your soil every now and then though, you never know what stuff he could put down

I live by the sea and people constantly complain about the seagulls, my answer dont live by the sea, they are only really inland for 4 months anyway

wouldnt like being a neighbour to my mum she has chainsaw going every now and then lol

Comment

Originally posted by Samurailord View Post
          .................He may also have something to say when the chickens arrive, especially if there is a vocal rooster with them to provide an early morning call

Andy
          Been there, done that, got a shed that looks like an abbatoire to prove it.

R.I.P. Sid.
          My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
          to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Well he wouldn't want to complain about the bees - they can be nasty things if they don't like you!
            I'm pretty sad that we haven't had a bee keeper round recently looking for somewhere to put their hives - the always leave 10 litres of honey behind for the pleasure of putting their hives on your land for a couple of months!
            I love it!
            Ali

My blog: feral007.com/countrylife/

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

One bit of old folklore wisdom says to plant tomatoes when the soil is warm enough to sit on with bare buttocks. In surburban areas, use the back of your wrist. Jackie French

Member of the Eastern Branch of the Darn Under Nutter's Club

Comment

The chickens might be an issue! One of my allotment neighbours has a plot right on the boundary - they have set up a hen-house and run and the council received a complaint about the noise the chooks are making at night - "The children can't get to sleep". Now you and I both know that the only time hens make a noise at night is if they are being attacked! There is no cockerel in this particular hen-house. Anyway the upshot was the chicken police arrived at the plot and lots of plot holders were told to reduce the number of chooks they have, move their runs etc etc. Ordinarily the council leave us alone to get on with things - they collect the rent. That is pretty much it. But this stirred things up.

Comment

My plot backs onto housing & they are as noisy as me, it's brilliant..........
                sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                --------------------------------------------------------------------
                Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                -------------------------------------------------------------------
                Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                -----------------------------------------------------------
                KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X