No announcement yet.

Plant Theft

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Of course I do Snadger! As it happens I didnt eat the greens I sprayed as the b****y grubs got to the rest of them - home brew didnt put them off!

Bernie aka Dexterdog
    Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

some folks will nick anything. Some Bast**d nicked our new lock up the lottie yesterday!!!
      ntg
      Never be afraid to try something new.
      Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
      A large group of professionals built the Titanic
      ==================================================

Comment

Heard tell of a couple of tea leaves at a nearby allotment who went on a nicking spree and took tools from a shed owned by a local traveller family. It seems that when the lads get out of hospital, they've promised not to do it again
        http://norm-foodforthought.blogspot.com/

If it ain't broke, don't fix it and if you ain't going to eat it, don't kill it

Comment

Originally posted by nick the grief View Post
          some folks will nick anything. Some Bast**d nicked our new lock up the lottie yesterday!!!
          It happened at ours a while ago! The council supplied a new lock and forty keys. Funds were low in the association and there was no record of who had keys anyway so the 'comittee' decided to charge every allotment holder £10 for a key..........returnable if they gave up there allotment!
          My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
          to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Were fairly new to our allotment and were dissapointed when our water butt was stolen... noticed someone on a plot near by that seems to have a fetish for them and has about 15! Mmmmm well i've learnt my lesson and will be marking anything else i get with big numbers!

Comment

Hi all,

Well I had a good look around the allotments and my bushes are no where to be seen but I did talk to as many people as I could about it. My allotment is right near the entrance which makes it an easy target, especially as so many allotment holders don't shut the gate despite the signs asking them to.

But I'm not going to let it get me down, despite being ready to take up arms and lay traps last week, I am much calmer now!

Clareg

Comment

We had our sheds broke into saturday night, they took a load of tools, left one chaps tiller, must have beed to heavy for um,best of it was they took old spades /forks. etc and left the stainless stuff, ? probly been sold at a car boot now.
                Mick aka murfe 18

Comment

Hi,

Just wanted to add a nice ending to this thread. I went to my allotment tonight to find two potted hosta plants left inside my allotment gate. Isn't that nice? I have no idea who left them but I appreciate it!

Clareg

Comment

Originally posted by clareg View Post
                    Hi,

Just wanted to add a nice ending to this thread. I went to my allotment tonight to find two potted hosta plants left inside my allotment gate. Isn't that nice? I have no idea who left them but I appreciate it!

Clareg
                    Probably the thief feeling guilty!
                    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

I bet he nicked them from somewhere else
                      ntg
                      Never be afraid to try something new.
                      Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
                      A large group of professionals built the Titanic
                      ==================================================

Comment

Sorry to hear about your loss. I'm told by the elders at my allotment that you become immune to thefts of your plots. can't imagine that
                        Belgrave-allotments.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by clareg View Post
                          Hi,

Clareg
                          There are some nice people around!

Bernie aka Dexterdog
                          Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

Yes Bernie, there's a hosta them...
                            (Alternatively it was two sluggish thieves who had to leave them behind as the sun came up... )
                            There's no point reading history if you don't use the lessons it teaches.

Head-hunted member of the Nutter's Club - can I get my cranium back please ?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X