No announcement yet.

Is it trespassing?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We have good access roads and parking areas on our site. It's a big site with 68 plots. There are paths between each plot coming off the road access and the idea is that you share the maintenance with your neighbour. As far as I know it works well and if anybody was caught walking across plots other than their own they would get short shrift from Phil (one of the committee). He's sent out 7 cultivation orders this week one of which is going to the people on the plot next to me. I hope they give it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
      To their eyes, my plot is untidy: I don't do straight rows, and I don't have any bare soil
      I feel like they're looking for an excuse to kick me off, because I don't do what everyone else does (straight rows, bare soil & chemical-everything)
      Same here and I've only just started. I got a comment yesterday from a chap passing by of "nice crop of weeds you have there". Yeah, I went away for a week, and my thousands of pot marigold seedlings have gone bananas again, but I also think I currently have the most diverse and productive plot on the site. Pretty much most all other plots on the site are still 80% brown dirt, whereas out of my 8 beds, 5 are in full flow and weeded or mulched, 1 is in use but weedy and 2 are underused (couch grass infested root bed failed, and the comfrey/wildlife bed is under populated), and I have 25 edible species growing, 4 of which are being harvested, and 3 purely companion species growing. I was a little cross to be dismissed as a "nice crop of weeds" but I guess some people can't see it. Although of course I just went "hahaha, yes, lots of marigolds."

I need to read up on our clauses about fences - I think as well as detering 2 legged pests they give a plot a sense of order. Without actually imposing order
      Proud member of the Nutters Club.
      Life goal: become Barbara Good.

Comment

Do a leaflet about your site and laminate it and stick it on a post for people to read.

If you have weeds that can spread then that's a concern for other plotholders. Air/root etc

Comment

What happened at your meeting Tracebe?

Comment

oohh that is tough, hope the meeting went ok. I think there is a suggestion that any stealing of produce is regarded as theft and can be a police matter. (our allotment committee/local council take it very seriously) so if all else fails....
            passionate about plants

http://escapetotheallotment.blogspot.co.uk/ Check out my new blog...

There is no greater satisfaction than is gained from a plate of your own home grown !

Comment

Originally posted by WendyC View Post
              What happened at your meeting Tracebe?

yeh...was thinking about you too! How did it go????
              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Hi all,

What a lovely wet day!

Well, it's official - I have not right to stop her walking on the paths between my and neighbours plots or having a good nosey when ever she likes. Nowt I can do about it. I wasn't told off or anything but it was made quite clear (by the mountain of rules and regs chairman had incase I lost rag) that I cannot stop her. Apparantly she was devastated to think that she had upset someone (yawn) and she was actually paying me a compliment about my plot! I made it clear that i wanted her to stop interfering and thats all I can do, paths are public right of way but plot holder is responsible for keeping them tidy. I have not seen her since due to rubbish weather .... will see how it goes :0/ thanks all for your comments
                Last edited by Tracebe; 11-06-2012, 05:40 PM.
                T x

Crikey it's chilli in here. Let's turnip the heat

Comment

Oh and just to add ........... I'm going to mouse trap all of my raspberries/strawberries
                  Last edited by Tracebe; 11-06-2012, 05:43 PM.
                  T x

Comment

Originally posted by Tracebe View Post
                    Well, it's official - I have not right to stop her walking on the paths between my and neighbours plots or having a good nosey when ever she likes. Nowt I can do about it. I wasn't told off or anything but it was made quite clear ...
                    Oh the old boyes club (or girles'). The old uns do what they want, the new uns have to follow the rules. I kicked up a stink about something last year (I was polite but firm, and v.v.cross), and now hardly anyone talks to me. Ho hum.
                    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
                      Oh the old boyes club (or girles'). The old uns do what they want, the new uns have to follow the rules. I kicked up a stink about something last year (I was polite but firm, and v.v.cross), and now hardly anyone talks to me. Ho hum.
                      Stand for chair/secretary/treasurer.

Comment

Time to erect some of my 'frames' Tracebe

Did you ask whether it was allowed to shift stuff on your plot without your say so?
                        Last edited by zazen999; 12-06-2012, 09:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by alldigging View Post
                          Stand for chair/secretary/treasurer.
                          I am treasurer problem is ....she is secretarys wife!
                          T x

Comment

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
                            Time to erect some of my 'frames' Tracebe

Did you ask whether it was allowed to shift stuff on your plot without your say so?
                            I did have a good look at your fences - sounds like a plan!

The "moving stuff on my plot" issue was brushed over briefly - I was told he will look into it!

It's right wat Two Sheds said - if you're an oldie you can do what you like - newbies are treated as outsiders for a while (not everywhere I know) there was one or two hushed conversations down the plot a days later .... I just shout hi if they don't want answer it's up to them..... as long as they stay off my plot
                            Last edited by Tracebe; 12-06-2012, 03:54 PM.
                            T x

Comment

So I would think treasurer is more important than secretary's wife. Can't you even begin to feel sorry for him being married to her?

Comment

Originally posted by Tracebe View Post
                                I am treasurer problem is ....she is secretarys wife!
                                So she's not a plotholder?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X