No announcement yet.

New Allotment Holder, Perhaps!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah once the asbestos is gone then you should be able to get stuck into it.
    Ali

My blog: feral007.com/countrylife/

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

One bit of old folklore wisdom says to plant tomatoes when the soil is warm enough to sit on with bare buttocks. In surburban areas, use the back of your wrist. Jackie French

Member of the Eastern Branch of the Darn Under Nutter's Club

Comment

Good luck, I too feel your itchy feet to get something done
      My new Blog.

http://jamesandthegiantbeetroot.blogspot.com

Comment

I'm a bit reluctant to begin anything on the possible route the lorry will take as owing to the rain, they have already managed to compact some of the ground and created two "wildlife ponds".
        Built for comfort, not speed!

Comment

Maybe you can use these new 'ponds' as a mass snail/slug drowning grave, I found a metal container full of water on sunday at my new plot so I collected up as many as I could find all day and dumped them all in the water as I went.
          My new Blog.

Comment

Thats a good idea Jamesy as it will save on salt!

Comment

Hmmm...and if we get a heatwave, you can have some slug soup...lovely forage food ! (For the plants, of course. )
              There's no point reading history if you don't use the lessons it teaches.

Head-hunted member of the Nutter's Club - can I get my cranium back please ?

Comment

Finally, the long awaited phone call to tell me the tree has been removed so now its panic time to get the ground sorted out for the winter but first I think I'll have a cuppa and a biscuit to calm down.

Comment

Woohoo! WTG! Have a cuppa and a bickie for me too. And then we can get excited over this all over again! That's great news!
                  Ali

My blog: feral007.com/countrylife/

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

One bit of old folklore wisdom says to plant tomatoes when the soil is warm enough to sit on with bare buttocks. In surburban areas, use the back of your wrist. Jackie French

Member of the Eastern Branch of the Darn Under Nutter's Club

Comment

I went to the allotment last Saturday after having not been for a few days, to see if the Roundup had been successful. Blimey! I didn't realise the stuff was so good as not only had the weeds gone but the whole plot had been ploughed! Roundup is incredible
                    Attached Files

Comment

Did the bottle come with a rotovating attachment or something lol.
                      My new Blog.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamesy_uk View Post
                        Did the bottle come with a rotovating attachment or something lol.
                        I didn't see one but I did think the container was a bit heavy, even when empty so maybe there was a time switch which activate after a few days and the plough appeared from a secret compartment. Of course it could have been some allotment umpalumpas.

Comment

Well if you are looking for what you can still plant there was a very good thread on the vegging out forum for autumn planting stuff.

And damn you now I have the Oompa loompa song stuck in my head...
                          My new Blog.

Comment

'Ere ya go, Jamesy and Hamsterhead August Gloop Oompa Loompa Song - YouTube

Comment

Thanks VC, the original is much better though. All together now, oompah lumpah dipdy aye .........
                              Last edited by hamsterhead; 23-08-2012, 01:19 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X