Gardener's Association

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gardener's Association

Sorry if this has been asked before, but is there any mileage in someone without an allotment joining an association? I've seen the advertisements which push mainly from an insurance point of view. Anyone in one?
    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Flo, as far as I am aware you can get insurance cover as an individual by joining The National Society of Allotments and Leisure Gardeners although it may well be less expensive to do it as a group. We started an Allotments Association with a view to getting our landlord to pay attention to what they were ignoring from us as individuals. Now they just ignore us as a group. Some sites are let to Associations which then attends to the administration and management. Some associations have onsite shops which allow plotters to benefit from bulk buying. I'm sure there are other benefits.

Comment

Thanks AP, I'm not really concerned about the insurance side of things, I have plenty of that (and strangely haven't noticed a rollerskate on the stairs yet). I just wondered if a lone gardener would benefit from any special offers that only usually apply to bulk buying for associations.
      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X