Lotty Advice Update

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lizzylemon View Post
    Yep he's been ill for 3 months and no one has seen him. the site manager had planned to give him the larger plot over from mine/his old one as he wanted more space. i dont think i want this one with him on the otherside. he'd probably throw clods at me
    Take it and don't bother! This is not a mistake of your making. You will have to dig/weed again but you get a larger plot!
    Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

Hope you get something sorted soon Liz, I'd be on the committees back till its sorted.
      Chris

My Allotment Journal @
      Google+ and Youtube

https://plus.google.com/106010041709270771598/posts

http://www.youtube.com/user/GrowingJournal/videos
      -

Updated Regularly-Last Update was 30-05-16

Comment

Originally posted by lizzylemon View Post
        Well I know the Manager and him are meeting on Saturday morning to discuss it
        You should be there too, get it all out in the open. Nobody needs to lay blame or start shouting, just make sure that your side of the story is given, fairly and properly so there're no further "misunderstandings" (mismanagements) in the future
        All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by rustylady View Post
          Don't be too hasty to judge him Lizzy. If no-one from the committee contacted him or gave him notice then he has every right to be furious. It's probably not directed at you, but at the committee.
          I'm not judging him at all. I know how much hard work goes into gardening and thats why I was very hesitant to start work on there at the beginning. I'd be equally shocked/cross if I'd rocked up to my patch after being ill and found it empty of veg and dug over. I'm just hoping that he'll calm down and see the positives (all the hard work done and ready for planting).

Comment

i'm going to drop the tatties of and leave a letter in the sack - I dont want to meet him face to face at the moment as I'm rubbish at confrontation. I either cry or get very cross back. There is someone I know but I dont think they know each other, which is maybe a good thing. Glad I didn't put the garlic in yesterday now!!
            what a palava!

Comment

While I can fully understand how the chap feels and put myself in his position,I would be fuming too, but not at you, you did what you did in good faith. It must be very upsetting for both of you, The only wrong done here is the incompetent management that allowed this situation in the first place. You both have a grievence with the comitee, and it is up to them to sort things out to both your satisfaction. Dont feel guilty but do stand firm with the Manager. I am sure the other guy will see it this way too once he has cooled down and as said, hopefully a year from now you will both be able to look back and see the ludicrous side of this. Whatever else happens, I hope this hasnt dampened your enthusiasm for having your own plot.
              Seasons greetings to you and yours.
              "... discipline is what the world needs today and etiquette, you know. For one of the noblest things a man can do is to do the best he can, yeah ..."

Prince Far I (1944-1983)

Comment

Contractually Lizzie. You are the new owner of the allotment.

Please do attend the meeting or explain to the previous tenant, committee or council what has happened.

I would not like to see you disadvantaged by the situation. Technically they will have to ask you to surrender your agreement to enable the previous tenant to resume occupation. I would advise you only to do so if you are happy with the new outcome they are suggesting.

Good luck........and I hope too that this unfortunate incident has not dampened your enthusiasm for allotmenteering.

Loving my allotment!

Comment

Oh Lizzie! What a Mix up! I'm sure the guy wont blame you at all - you're giving him his potatoes after all so he hasnt lost out.

Chin up and take the other allotment instead - I know its disheartening to have done all that work and for nought but at least you havnt planted anything....

Surely one of the committee could have dropped round to his house to check up on him???
                  http://meandtwoveg.blogspot.com

Comment

Sorry love, only just seen this. What's happened/happening?
                    the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X