Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Before I had a plot I never would have...

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
    I don't, however, collect it from skips, neighbours, or carry it round in my car
    Who needs a car when you've got bike panniers............
    sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

I'm a skip diver too, same as Baldrick Am always on the look out for metal poles or posts and planks of wood. Anything in fact that looks remotely useful!
      Forbidden Fruits make many Jams.

Comment

Originally posted by Ananke View Post
        ...squished a slug onto my forehead and wiped it into my hair ***shudders***

Its been hours since it happened, I've had a long, long, long hot soapy shower and I can still feel it ***shudders again***
        I stood on one once on the stone floor of my kitchen in a previous house and couldn't think what I was slipping on I still can't believe the amount of mess it made -
        Yuk ** mega shudder**
        Forbidden Fruits make many Jams.

Comment

I woke up once, feeling something on my face, brushed it away and it was a slug! I have no idea how it survived my night time ablutions - it must have been in my hair! Hate them...

Comment

...popped to a friends for coffee and leave with the contents of her Dyson
            the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

got exited about buying peas - especially the ones that have flowers that aren't white.

Comment

'Acquired' old carpet from behind some bins at local block of flats to cover my plot.

My other half has just peered over my shoulder in horror - he already thinks I'm a womble!
                btw - love this thread, I'm not alone in my wombling

Comment

I've dragged slabs out of a skip.
                  Have had other people fetch me piles of pallets home on their roof rack.

Asked for mulch from people shredding bushes and got it delivered!

I have been thinking about collecting leaves on a lane near me every autumn for a few years. Maybe this year will be the year I get round to it.
                  Last edited by alldigging; 22-04-2012, 02:16 PM.

Comment

...read a thread about foraging for useful items from skips and laughed so hard I nearly wet myself - oooh quick where's the compost bin?!

I've read a selection of the above comments to my colleagues on my lunchbreak and they now think I'm crazy (they think you're all crazy too mind!).

A lady in my office brings toilet roll tubes in for me regularly and I recently spotted the cleaner with a load of empty cardboard boxes and took them home with me too. He looked at me like I was mad, and didn't look any less confused when I said they were for my allotment
                    Your brain gets smart, but your head gets dumb

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X