New allotment

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New allotment

I started with half an allotment 2 1/2 years ago and acquired another half last Sept. I didn't know if I would be able to cope - but I did. Not easy when working , running a home etc. Now I have been asked if I want another half. I was going to say no but I just wonder whethere I should give it a try. My head says no but my heart says YES go for it.

What is general concensus - they are so hard to find I am really tempted and need some sensible advise.

I pay about £28 a year for a plot where I live so would only be another £14

Go on convince me....
    Slowly takes it!

Even thought its hard work, I'd be tempted. I would put the newest half to be my fruit and wildlife area. Just think how many currant bushes, miniture trees and berries you could get on there.
    Last edited by SawPaw; 28-04-2011, 01:40 PM.

Comment

Yes that is what I was thinking, I think I might give it a go. I don't think there is much of a waiting list if any on this site otherwise I would feel a bit guilty.
      Slowly takes it!

Comment

Exactly ... if no-one else wants it and you can cope, then you should go for it. Think of how much you will reduce your food miles. And £14.00 is nothing! 4 pints of decent beer in the pub. (or where we live anyway ... where you are it might only be 3 and a half.

Comment

thank you both for you advice, just what I wanted to hear.
          Slowly takes it!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X