Raised beds - make or buy?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LilyRose View Post
    Has anyone tried building high raised beds?
    I'd like to build them maybe 3' high --- if I use vertical corner supports d'you think I could just use say 3 pieces of scaffolding lined up on top of each other?
    Or does anyone have any easier/cheaper/better ideas?
    Bear in mind that if you build them that high, the cost of filling them may also be high.
    sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
      We got a lorryload for *about* £100, and our site manager charged us £1 for each one. Super bargain
      I need friends like these

Except we'll probably end up buying decking boards when they're on sale. OH gone off raised beds again. He wants them all filled up instead of getting it done bit by bit.

Comment

I asked a scaffolder for boards and he told me they cut told boards up when they need a shorter length. We bought treated gravel boards from lottie shop at £4.75 they have gone up now to £5.50p. We only used them for path edging though until recently when OH ran out of wood to make compost bins so he cut one up.
        Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
        and ends with backache

Comment

I used 12ft. long half-round fencing rails, two high.You can always add to them if you want to go higher. Just leave the uprights a foot higher than the beds.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X