Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• manure and weed sheets

hi everyone,

my beds have just been rotavated, but i plan on only using 3 of them this year. so with the others i was going to put down some weed prevention sheets and since i've been toldi can help myself to the massive pile of horsey poop i was wondeing if i should mix some if this into the soil first, then add the sheets?

i wasnt going to add any manure ill next year when i started growing, but i think i read somewhere that fesh manure can damage plants, is this right?

ta muchly

sophie.x
    sophie.x

http://www.dressedupdigger.blogspot.com/

Before putting any manure on your plot I'd read the threads on Aminopyralid. Use the search facility. There are some horrific tales of the produce people have lost as this broad leaf weedkiller persists in the manure. People providing manure often don't know whether the hay or straw used in animal bedding has come from a farmer who has used this product, so you don't find out till your spuds and toms are poisoned by it.

I hate to sound so negative but it's not a thing I would risk. My neighbour's tomatoes are affected. It's upsetting when you are trying to grow chemical free produce and this happens.
    Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
    Working...
    X