lemon cucumber problems

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lemon cucumber problems

Hello everyone I was hoping someone could help me I'm having trouble with my lemon cucumbers as soon as they are developing fruit their dying. I thought it was my compost but have tried different ones so not that. would be glad of any help.

I presume you mean the friut that is dying! If so, sometimes you have to cut off the tiny forming cucumbers as there are too many for the plant to cope with.

Welcome to the vine.

Mr TK
    Mr TK's blog:
    http://mr-tomato-king.blogspot.com/
    2nd Jan early tomato sowing.

Video build your own Poly-tunnel

Comment

no it's the actual plant dying as soon as the fruit starts to develop

Comment

Originally posted by Lady grower View Post
        no it's the actual plant dying as soon as the fruit starts to develop
        Wow you are in trouble then, sounds like a root problem, and there are drenches that can try to solve this.
        I always grow a spare cucumber as they are prone to root rot, but I have sometimes pulled one around by building up a mound of compost at the base of the stem, to encourage new roots.

I know people will slag me off for this for some strange reason, but any chance of a picture of your plant!

Mr TK
        Mr TK's blog:
        http://mr-tomato-king.blogspot.com/
        2nd Jan early tomato sowing.

Video build your own Poly-tunnel

Comment

I've had major problems with my cucumber's this year and my crystal lemon's are no exception. I've lost 4 plant's with what sound's like the very same problems. To be honest I've pulled all the infected plant's up (I have 1 outdoor left) it look's like mosaic virus to me...there growth was stumped and the leaves were brittle so they had to go.

Comment

Thanks Mr Tk will try to get a picture for you but I'm not very good with the computer have one healthy plant left so will try the compost happed up will send the picture of the other plants which appear to be dying

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X